Before you sign your name to a solar panel lease on your home in Temecula CA 92589 you have to comprehend what you are really getting into. If you’re in the business of selling solar leases maybe you ought to attempt Googling this, “benefits of solar lease” Read all the page one results and see what your client’s are checking out if they do even a small amount of homework. You also might try Googling, “selling home with solar lease” and “solar lease vs. purchase”. Read exactly what your customer’s will check out when they do 30 minutes of study online before dedicating to a 20 year contract. Possibly you’ll now comprehend why you get so many cancellations and why if you do not seal the deal on the very first appointment you’ve got nearly no chance of closing it later on. Why not change your technique do exactly what’s right for the customer and get on board with a company that supplies industry leading value (cost + quality + service).
The Solar Lease in Temecula CA 92589 or PPA Sales Pitch usually consists of six main points. We talked about each below.
1. Go Solar and Pay Nothing! Or no cash out of pocket.
Signing a 20 year agreement in which you promise to pay X hundred dollars per month is barely paying nothing. If you add up all those month-to-month payments during the regard to the contract you’ll be paying 2 to 3 times exactly what you would have paid acquiring the solar system even if you factor in the interest paid on the solar loan. Lots of absolutely no cash down solar loans are offered. If you have the credit report to get approved for the lease you can use the bank’s money to finance your solar system with absolutely no cash down.
[ssvideo keyword=”Solar Contractors” title=”Solar Companies in Temecula”]
2. No worries. The leasing/PPA business in Temecula CA 92589 is responsible for all maintenance and repairs on the system.
The leasing business will certainly not clean your photovoltaic panels which is about just upkeep used on a solar system. Solar systems are exceptionally low upkeep without any moving parts and come with incredibly long maker’s service warranties and performance warranties. 25 years with a microinverter based system, that’s longer than the leasing companies’ assurance. A lot of tier 1 solar equipment makers are bigger and more solvent than the solar leasing business by numerous multiples. Those long service warranties are backed up by a 20 year bumper to bumper warranty from Solar Symphony.
3. Insurance– go solar with a lease and the renting company insures the system.
Purchase a system and the solar system is covered under your house owner’s policy for a simply a couple dollars per month.
4. Monitoring– the leasing company monitors your system for the life of the lease/PPA.
When you acquire a system you also get keeping an eye on for the life of the system, making use of the same monitoring equipment made use of by the leasing company.
5. Just sign an agreement and the renting company does everything else.
When buying a system you also just sign a contract and the solar specialists does everything else. Difference is the leasing business agreement is 17 pages (small print) and the solar specialist’s agreement is 2 pages.
6. A lease doesn’t strike your personal credit. Doesn’t impact your debt to income ratio.
This may be the only real benefit of the lease but it comes at an awefully high price. If this is one of your main concerns there are financing options for a purchase (PACE and HERO) that likewise do not hit your personal credit or impact your debt to income ratio. And those programs allow almost any house owner to go solar no matter their credit rating.
Now for the six primary disadvantages to a solar lease in Temecula CA 92589 or PPA.
1. A lease is a 20 year liability. It is not a possession or a financial investment in solar. The solar leasing business are buying solar on your roofing! You’re just providing them a guaranteed 20 year cash flow!
2. Now you have two utility bills not just one! In essence the leasing business ends up being a 2nd utility. So, sign a solar lease and now you have 2 energy business you have to pay monthly.
3. The majority of leases or PPAs lug a yearly cost escalator, typically 2.9 %. So while you may be saving money today in a several years you will not be.
4. You won’t have the ability to assert the 30 % federal tax credit and any applicable cash rebates. You likewise will not have the ability to claim any tax deductible interest on solar loan payments (HELOC or PACE).
5. You never get to complimentary power with a lease or PPA. On the other hand, if you acquire a solar system once the solar loan is paid off you can take pleasure in free electrical energy from the sun for 10– 15 years depending on the length of the solar loan.
[google-map location=”Temecula CA”]
6. Selling your house with a solar lease or PPA can be bothersome. Solar leases require the brand-new owner to presume the lease and terms. If you read any of the above you can probably see why an enlightened customer would not have an interest in assuming the responsibilities of your lease. This is particularly true if the lease is 7 or more years old and the yearly cost escalator in the lease has actually now raised the expense of electricity to equal or more than the expense of electrical power from the energy.