Prior to you sign your name to a solar panel lease on your home in Tecate CA 91987 you need to understand exactly what you are actually getting into. If you’re in the business of selling solar leases maybe you must try Googling this, “benefits of solar lease” Read all of the page one results and see what your customer’s are reading if they do even a small amount of research. You likewise may try Googling, “selling home with solar lease” and “solar lease vs. purchase”. Read exactly what your consumer’s will certainly read when they do 30 minutes of research online prior to dedicating to a 20 year agreement. Maybe you’ll now comprehend why you get so many cancellations and why if you do not seal the deal on the very first visit you’ve got nearly no opportunity of closing it later. Why not change your technique do exactly what’s right for the client and get on board with a company that supplies market leading value (rate + quality + service).
The Solar Lease in Tecate CA 91987 or PPA Sales Pitch usually consists of 6 main points. We talked about each below.
1. Go Solar and Pay Nothing! Or no money out of pocket.
Signing a 20 year contract where you guarantee to pay X hundred dollars per month is hardly paying nothing. If you accumulate all of those regular monthly payments throughout the regard to the agreement you’ll be paying 2 to 3 times what you would have paid purchasing the solar system even if you factor in the interest paid on the solar loan. Numerous zero cash down solar loans are available. If you have the credit history to get the lease you can utilize the bank’s money to finance your solar system with absolutely no money down.
[ssvideo keyword=”Solar Contractors” title=”Solar Contractors in Tecate”]
2. No concerns. The leasing/PPA business in Tecate CA 91987 is accountable for all repair and maintenance on the system.
The leasing business will certainly not clean your photovoltaic panels which is about just upkeep used on a solar system. Solar systems are extremely low maintenance with no moving parts and come with extremely long producer’s warranties and efficiency guarantees. 25 years with a microinverter based system, that’s longer than the leasing business’ warranty. Most tier 1 solar devices makers are bigger and more financially stable than the solar leasing business by many multiples. Those long warranties are supported by a 20 year bumper to bumper warranty from Solar Symphony.
3. Insurance coverage– go solar with a lease and the leasing company insures the system.
Purchase a system and the solar system is covered under your property owner’s policy for a simply a couple dollars per month.
4. Tracking– the renting business monitors your system for the life of the lease/PPA.
When you purchase a system you also get keeping an eye on for the life of the system, using the exact same tracking equipment made use of by the renting company.
5. Just sign a contract and the leasing company does everything else.
When buying a system you also just sign an agreement and the solar professionals does everything else. Distinction is the leasing companies agreement is 17 pages (fine print) and the solar specialist’s contract is 2 pages.
6. A lease doesn’t strike your personal credit. Doesn’t influence your financial obligation to income ratio.
This might be the only true advantage of the lease but it comes at an awefully high cost. If this is among your main concerns there are funding alternatives for a purchase (PACE and HERO) that likewise do not strike your personal credit or affect your financial obligation to earnings ratio. And those programs permit almost any house owner to go solar despite their credit rating.
Now for the 6 primary drawbacks to a solar lease in Tecate CA 91987 or PPA.
1. A lease is a 20 year liability. It is not an asset or a financial investment in solar. The solar leasing business are buying solar on your roof! You’re just providing them an ensured 20 year cash flow!
2. Now you have two energy costs not just one! In essence the leasing company becomes a second utility. So, sign a solar lease and now you have two energy companies you have to pay each month.
3. A lot of leases or PPAs carry an annual cost escalator, usually 2.9 %. So while you may be conserving money today in a numerous years you will not be.
4. You won’t be able to declare the 30 % federal tax credit and any applicable cash refunds. You also will not be able to declare any tax deductible interest on solar loan payments (HELOC or PACE).
5. You never ever get to totally free power with a lease or PPA. On the other hand, if you buy a solar system once the solar loan is paid off you can enjoy totally free electrical energy from the sun for 10– 15 years depending upon the length of the solar loan.
[google-map location=”Tecate CA”]
6. Selling your house with a solar lease or PPA can be bothersome. Solar leases require the new owner to assume the lease and terms. If you check out any of the above you can most likely see why an educated consumer would not be interested in presuming the commitments of your lease. This is particularly true if the lease is 7 or more years old and the yearly cost escalator in the lease has actually now raised the cost of electrical energy to equivalent or more than the expense of electricity from the energy.