Before you sign your name to a solar panel lease on your house in Tecate CA 91980 you have to understand what you are really getting into. If you’re in business of offering solar leases possibly you should attempt Googling this, “benefits of solar lease” Read all the page one results and see what your customer’s are checking out if they do even a percentage of research. You also may try Googling, “selling home with solar lease” and “solar lease vs. buy”. Read exactly what your client’s will read when they do 30 minutes of study online prior to dedicating to a 20 year agreement. Perhaps you’ll now comprehend why you get numerous cancellations and why if you don’t seal the deal on the first consultation you’ve got virtually no opportunity of closing it later on. Why not change your method do what’s right for the consumer and get on board with a business that provides market leading value (cost + quality + service).
The Solar Lease in Tecate CA 91980 or PPA Sales Pitch typically consists of six bottom lines. We discussed each below.
1. Go Solar and Pay Nothing! Or no money out of pocket.
Signing a 20 year contract in which you assure to pay X hundred dollars per month is barely paying absolutely nothing. If you build up all of those regular monthly payments during the regard to the agreement you’ll be paying 2 to 3 times exactly what you would have paid purchasing the solar system even if you consider the interest paid on the solar loan. Many no cash down solar loans are offered. If you have the credit score to get approved for the lease you can make use of the bank’s money to fund your solar system with zero cash down.
[ssvideo keyword=”Solar Contractors” title=”Solar Contractors in Tecate”]
2. No fears. The leasing/PPA company in Tecate CA 91980 is liable for all maintenance and repairs on the system.
The leasing company will certainly not clean your solar panels which is about only upkeep required on a solar system. Solar systems are very low maintenance without any moving parts and come with exceptionally long producer’s guarantees and performance warranties. 25 years with a microinverter based system, that’s longer than the leasing business’ warranty. Many tier 1 solar devices manufacturers are bigger and more solvent than the solar leasing company by numerous multiples. Those long warranties are backed up by a 20 year bumper to bumper service warranty from Solar Symphony.
3. Insurance coverage– go solar with a lease and the leasing company guarantees the system.
Purchase a system and the solar system is covered under your homeowner’s policy for a just a couple dollars per month.
4. Monitoring– the renting business monitors your system for the life of the lease/PPA.
When you acquire a system you also get monitoring for the life of the system, utilizing the same tracking equipment used by the leasing company.
5. Simply sign a contract and the renting company does everything else.
When purchasing a system you also simply sign a contract and the solar contractors does everything else. Distinction is the leasing companies agreement is 17 pages (small print) and the solar professional’s agreement is 2 pages.
6. A lease doesn’t strike your individual credit. Does not affect your debt to income ratio.
This may be the only true advantage of the lease however it comes at an awefully high rate. If this is among your primary concerns there are funding choices for a purchase (PACE and HERO) that also don’t strike your personal credit or affect your debt to income ratio. And those programs enable practically any homeowner to go solar despite their credit rating.
Now for the 6 primary disadvantages to a solar lease in Tecate CA 91980 or PPA.
1. A lease is a 20 year liability. It is not a possession or a financial investment in solar. The solar leasing companies are buying solar on your roof! You’re simply providing them a guaranteed 20 year capital!
2. Now you have two energy costs not just one! In essence the leasing company ends up being a 2nd utility. So, sign a solar lease and now you have two energy business you need to pay monthly.
3. The majority of leases or PPAs carry a yearly expense escalator, usually 2.9 %. So while you might be conserving money today in a numerous years you will not be.
4. You won’t have the ability to claim the 30 % federal tax credit and any relevant cash discounts. You also won’t be able to claim any tax deductible interest on solar loan payments (HELOC or PACE).
5. You never get to free power with a lease or PPA. In contrast, if you acquire a solar system once the solar loan is settled you can enjoy free electricity from the sun for 10– 15 years depending on the length of the solar loan.
[google-map location=”Tecate CA”]
6. Offering your house with a solar lease or PPA can be troublesome. Solar leases require the new owner to assume the lease and terms. If you read any of the above you can most likely see why an informed customer would not want assuming the obligations of your lease. This is particularly real if the lease is 7 or more years of ages and the annual cost escalator in the lease has actually now raised the expense of electrical energy to equal or more than the expense of electrical energy from the energy.