Before you sign your name to a solar panel lease on your house in San Diego CA 92189 you have to comprehend exactly what you are truly getting into. If you’re in business of selling solar leases possibly you ought to try Googling this, “benefits of solar lease” Read all of the page one results and see what your consumer’s are reading if they do even a percentage of homework. You also might try Googling, “selling home with solar lease” and “solar lease vs. purchase”. Read what your customer’s will check out when they do 30 minutes of research online before committing to a 20 year agreement. Possibly you’ll now comprehend why you get so many cancellations and why if you do not close the deal on the first visit you’ve got nearly no possibility of closing it later. Why not alter your method do exactly what’s right for the consumer and get on board with a business that offers industry leading value (cost + quality + service).
The Solar Lease in San Diego CA 92189 or PPA Sales Pitch normally consists of 6 bottom lines. We went over each below.
1. Go Solar and Pay Nothing! Or no money out of pocket.
Signing a 20 year agreement in which you assure to pay X hundred dollars per month is hardly paying absolutely nothing. If you build up all of those month-to-month payments throughout the regard to the contract you’ll be paying 2 to 3 times what you would have paid purchasing the solar system even if you consider the interest paid on the solar loan. Many no cash down solar loans are available. If you have the credit score to qualify for the lease you can utilize the bank’s cash to fund your solar system with absolutely no money down.
[ssvideo keyword=”Solar Companies” title=”Solar Contractors in San Diego”]
2. No worries. The leasing/PPA company in San Diego CA 92189 is accountable for all repair and maintenance on the system.
The renting company will certainly not clean your photovoltaic panels which is about only upkeep needed on a solar system. Solar systems are incredibly low upkeep without any moving parts and have very long producer’s guarantees and efficiency assurances. 25 years with a microinverter based system, that’s longer than the leasing business’ guarantee. The majority of tier 1 solar devices producers are larger and more financially stable than the solar leasing business by numerous multiples. Those long warranties are backed up by a 20 year bumper to bumper warranty from Solar Symphony.
3. Insurance coverage– go solar with a lease and the renting company insures the system.
Purchase a system and the solar system is covered under your property owner’s policy for a just a couple dollars per month.
4. Tracking– the leasing company monitors your system for the life of the lease/PPA.
When you acquire a system you also get keeping track of for the life of the system, using the same monitoring equipment utilized by the leasing company.
5. Just sign a contract and the leasing business does everything else.
When buying a system you likewise simply sign an agreement and the solar service providers does everything else. Difference is the leasing business contract is 17 pages (small print) and the solar professional’s contract is 2 pages.
6. A lease does not strike your individual credit. Doesn’t influence your financial obligation to earnings ratio.
This may be the only true advantage of the lease however it comes at an awefully high cost. If this is one of your major concerns there are financing options for a purchase (PACE and HERO) that likewise do not strike your personal credit or influence your debt to earnings ratio. And those programs enable practically any homeowner to go solar regardless of their credit score.
Now for the 6 primary downsides to a solar lease in San Diego CA 92189 or PPA.
1. A lease is a 20 year liability. It is not an asset or an investment in solar. The solar leasing companies are buying solar on your roofing system! You’re just providing them a guaranteed 20 year cash flow!
2. Now you have 2 energy costs not simply one! In essence the leasing business ends up being a 2nd utility. So, sign a solar lease and now you have two utility business you need to pay monthly.
3. Most leases or PPAs carry a yearly cost escalator, generally 2.9 %. So while you might be conserving cash today in a several years you won’t be.
4. You won’t have the ability to claim the 30 % federal tax credit and any suitable cash refunds. You also won’t have the ability to claim any tax deductible interest on solar loan payments (HELOC or PACE).
5. You never get to totally free power with a lease or PPA. In contrast, if you acquire a solar system once the solar loan is settled you can take pleasure in totally free electrical power from the sun for 10– 15 years depending upon the length of the solar loan.
[google-map location=”San Diego CA”]
6. Selling your house with a solar lease or PPA can be bothersome. Solar leases need the brand-new owner to assume the lease and terms. If you check out any of the above you can most likely see why an educated customer would not be interested in assuming the obligations of your lease. This is specifically true if the lease is 7 or more years of ages and the annual cost escalator in the lease has now raised the expense of electricity to equal or more than the cost of electrical energy from the utility.