Prior to you sign your name to a solar panel lease on your home in Riverside CA 92507 you need to comprehend exactly what you are actually getting into. If you’re in business of offering solar leases maybe you ought to attempt Googling this, “benefits of solar lease” Read all the page one results and see exactly what your consumer’s are checking out if they do even a percentage of research. You also might attempt Googling, “selling home with solar lease” and “solar lease vs. purchase”. Read what your client’s will check out when they do 30 minutes of study online before dedicating to a 20 year agreement. Possibly you’ll now comprehend why you get so many cancellations and why if you do not seal the deal on the first visit you’ve got almost no chance of closing it later. Why not change your method do exactly what’s right for the client and get on board with a business that offers market leading value (rate + quality + service).
The Solar Lease in Riverside CA 92507 or PPA Sales Pitch generally includes six main points. We talked about each below.
1. Go Solar and Pay Nothing! Or no cash out of pocket.
Signing a 20 year agreement in which you promise to pay X hundred dollars per month is hardly paying nothing. If you build up all those month-to-month payments throughout the term of the agreement you’ll be paying 2 to 3 times exactly what you would have paid buying the solar system even if you consider the interest paid on the solar loan. Lots of absolutely no cash down solar loans are readily available. If you have the credit report to qualify for the lease you can make use of the bank’s money to fund your solar system with absolutely no money down.
[ssvideo keyword=”Solar Companies” title=”Solar Companies in Riverside”]
2. No fears. The leasing/PPA company in Riverside CA 92507 is liable for all repair and maintenance on the system.
The renting company will certainly not clean your photovoltaic panels which has to do with just maintenance used on a solar system. Solar systems are incredibly low maintenance with no moving parts and come with extremely long manufacturer’s service warranties and efficiency assurances. 25 years with a microinverter based system, that’s longer than the leasing companies’ guarantee. Most tier 1 solar devices producers are bigger and more solvent than the solar leasing company by numerous multiples. Those long service warranties are backed up by a 20 year bumper to bumper warranty from Solar Symphony.
3. Insurance coverage– go solar with a lease and the leasing business guarantees the system.
Purchase a system and the solar system is covered under your house owner’s policy for a just a couple dollars per month.
4. Tracking– the leasing company monitors your system for the life of the lease/PPA.
When you purchase a system you also get monitoring for the life of the system, making use of the same tracking equipment used by the leasing company.
5. Simply sign a contract and the renting business does everything else.
When purchasing a system you likewise simply sign a contract and the solar professionals does everything else. Distinction is the leasing companies contract is 17 pages (fine print) and the solar service provider’s agreement is 2 pages.
6. A lease does not strike your personal credit. Doesn’t influence your debt to earnings ratio.
This may be the only true benefit of the lease but it comes at an awefully high price. If this is among your main issues there are financing choices for a purchase (PACE and HERO) that likewise do not hit your personal credit or impact your debt to earnings ratio. And those programs permit practically any property owner to go solar regardless of their credit rating.
Now for the 6 main drawbacks to a solar lease in Riverside CA 92507 or PPA.
1. A lease is a 20 year liability. It is not an asset or an investment in solar. The solar leasing companies are purchasing solar on your roof! You’re just supplying them a guaranteed 20 year cash flow!
2. Now you have two energy costs not simply one! In essence the renting business becomes a 2nd energy. So, sign a solar lease and now you have 2 utility companies you have to pay monthly.
3. Many leases or PPAs bring an annual expense escalator, typically 2.9 %. So while you may be saving money today in a several years you will not be.
4. You will not be able to assert the 30 % federal tax credit and any applicable cash refunds. You also will not be able to assert any tax deductible interest on solar loan payments (HELOC or PACE).
5. You never get to totally free power with a lease or PPA. In contrast, if you purchase a solar system once the solar loan is settled you can delight in free electrical power from the sun for 10– 15 years depending upon the length of the solar loan.
[google-map location=”Riverside CA”]
6. Offering your home with a solar lease or PPA can be problematic. Solar leases need the brand-new owner to assume the lease and terms. If you check out any of the above you can most likely see why an enlightened customer would not be interested in assuming the obligations of your lease. This is particularly real if the lease is 7 or more years of ages and the yearly cost escalator in the lease has now raised the expense of electrical power to equivalent or more than the cost of electrical power from the utility.