Before you sign your name to a solar panel lease on your home in Placentia CA 92870 you need to understand what you are truly getting into. If you’re in business of offering solar leases maybe you need to try Googling this, “benefits of solar lease” Read all of the page one results and see what your customer’s are checking out if they do even a small amount of research. You likewise might attempt Googling, “selling home with solar lease” and “solar lease vs. purchase”. Read what your customer’s will check out when they do 30 minutes of study online before committing to a 20 year contract. Perhaps you’ll now understand why you get many cancellations and why if you don’t seal the deal on the first consultation you’ve got nearly no chance of closing it later. Why not change your approach do exactly what’s right for the customer and get on board with a company that provides market leading value (price + quality + service).
The Solar Lease in Placentia CA 92870 or PPA Sales Pitch generally consists of 6 main points. We went over each below.
1. Go Solar and Pay Nothing! Or no money out of pocket.
Signing a 20 year agreement in which you guarantee to pay X hundred dollars per month is hardly paying nothing. If you build up all of those monthly payments during the regard to the agreement you’ll be paying 2 to 3 times exactly what you would have paid acquiring the solar system even if you factor in the interest paid on the solar loan. Numerous absolutely no cash down solar loans are readily available. If you have the credit history to get the lease you can use the bank’s cash to fund your solar system with no money down.
[ssvideo keyword=”Solar Contractors” title=”Solar Contractors in Placentia”]
2. No worries. The leasing/PPA business in Placentia CA 92870 is liable for all maintenance and repairs on the system.
The leasing business will certainly not clean your photovoltaic panels which is about only upkeep required on a solar system. Solar systems are incredibly low maintenance with no moving parts and include extremely long producer’s guarantees and performance assurances. 25 years with a microinverter based system, that’s longer than the leasing companies’ warranty. The majority of tier 1 solar devices makers are larger and more financially stable than the solar leasing company by numerous multiples. Those long warranties are supported by a 20 year bumper to bumper guarantee from Solar Symphony.
3. Insurance– go solar with a lease and the renting business guarantees the system.
Purchase a system and the solar system is covered under your house owner’s policy for a simply a couple dollars per month.
4. Tracking– the leasing business monitors your system for the life of the lease/PPA.
When you purchase a system you likewise get keeping an eye on for the life of the system, utilizing the very same monitoring equipment made use of by the renting business.
5. Just sign an agreement and the renting business does everything else.
When acquiring a system you likewise simply sign an agreement and the solar professionals does everything else. Distinction is the leasing business contract is 17 pages (small print) and the solar specialist’s contract is 2 pages.
6. A lease does not hit your personal credit. Does not impact your debt to income ratio.
This may be the only true advantage of the lease however it comes at an awefully high price. If this is one of your major issues there are funding options for a purchase (PACE and HERO) that likewise don’t strike your individual credit or affect your debt to income ratio. And those programs permit almost any property owner to go solar despite their credit rating.
Now for the six main drawbacks to a solar lease in Placentia CA 92870 or PPA.
1. A lease is a 20 year liability. It is not a possession or an investment in solar. The solar leasing business are investing in solar on your roofing system! You’re just offering them an ensured 20 year cash flow!
2. Now you have 2 utility costs not simply one! In essence the renting business becomes a 2nd utility. So, sign a solar lease and now you have two energy business you have to pay monthly.
3. Many leases or PPAs bring a yearly cost escalator, generally 2.9 %. So while you might be saving cash today in a numerous years you will not be.
4. You will not be able to declare the 30 % federal tax credit and any relevant cash discounts. You also will not be able to assert any tax deductible interest on solar loan payments (HELOC or PACE).
5. You never ever get to free power with a lease or PPA. In contrast, if you acquire a solar system once the solar loan is paid off you can enjoy complimentary electrical power from the sun for 10– 15 years depending upon the length of the solar loan.
[google-map location=”Placentia CA”]
6. Selling your home with a solar lease or PPA can be bothersome. Solar leases use the brand-new owner to presume the lease and terms. If you check out any of the above you can most likely see why an educated customer would not want assuming the commitments of your lease. This is specifically true if the lease is 7 or more years of ages and the annual cost escalator in the lease has now raised the expense of electrical power to equal or more than the cost of electricity from the utility.