Before you sign your name to a solar panel lease on your home in Orange CA 92869 you need to understand exactly what you are truly getting into. If you’re in the business of offering solar leases maybe you need to attempt Googling this, “benefits of solar lease” Read all the page one results and see exactly what your customer’s are checking out if they do even a percentage of homework. You also might attempt Googling, “selling home with solar lease” and “solar lease vs. purchase”. Read exactly what your consumer’s will read when they do 30 minutes of research online prior to committing to a 20 year contract. Perhaps you’ll now comprehend why you get so many cancellations and why if you don’t close the deal on the first visit you’ve got almost no opportunity of closing it later. Why not change your approach do what’s right for the consumer and get on board with a business that provides industry leading value (cost + quality + service).
The Solar Lease in Orange CA 92869 or PPA Sales Pitch normally includes 6 bottom lines. We went over each below.
1. Go Solar and Pay Nothing! Or no money out of pocket.
Signing a 20 year contract where you assure to pay X hundred dollars per month is barely paying nothing. If you accumulate all of those regular monthly payments during the regard to the agreement you’ll be paying 2 to 3 times what you would have paid buying the solar system even if you factor in the interest paid on the solar loan. Many no cash down solar loans are available. If you have the credit report to get the lease you can utilize the bank’s cash to fund your solar system with zero money down.
[ssvideo keyword=”Solar Contractors” title=”Solar Contractors in Orange”]
2. No worries. The leasing/PPA company in Orange CA 92869 is responsible for all repair and maintenance on the system.
The leasing company will certainly not clean your solar panels which has to do with only upkeep required on a solar system. Solar systems are exceptionally low upkeep with no moving parts and feature incredibly long manufacturer’s guarantees and efficiency assurances. 25 years with a microinverter based system, that’s longer than the leasing business’ assurance. A lot of tier 1 solar devices makers are larger and more solvent than the solar leasing business by lots of multiples. Those long guarantees are backed up by a 20 year bumper to bumper service warranty from Solar Symphony.
3. Insurance– go solar with a lease and the leasing company guarantees the system.
Purchase a system and the solar system is covered under your house owner’s policy for a just a couple dollars per month.
4. Tracking– the leasing company monitors your system for the life of the lease/PPA.
When you buy a system you also get keeping track of for the life of the system, making use of the very same monitoring equipment used by the renting business.
5. Simply sign a contract and the renting company does everything else.
When acquiring a system you also simply sign a contract and the solar contractors does everything else. Distinction is the leasing business contract is 17 pages (small print) and the solar professional’s contract is 2 pages.
6. A lease doesn’t strike your personal credit. Doesn’t affect your debt to earnings ratio.
This may be the only true benefit of the lease however it comes at an awefully high rate. If this is one of your major issues there are funding options for a purchase (PACE and HERO) that also do not hit your personal credit or impact your debt to earnings ratio. And those programs permit nearly any homeowner to go solar despite their credit score.
Now for the 6 primary disadvantages to a solar lease in Orange CA 92869 or PPA.
1. A lease is a 20 year liability. It is not an asset or a financial investment in solar. The solar leasing companies are purchasing solar on your roofing system! You’re just offering them a guaranteed 20 year cash flow!
2. Now you have 2 energy costs not simply one! In essence the leasing company ends up being a second utility. So, sign a solar lease and now you have two energy business you have to pay monthly.
3. Many leases or PPAs lug a yearly expense escalator, typically 2.9 %. So while you might be saving money today in a several years you won’t be.
4. You will not be able to declare the 30 % federal tax credit and any suitable money rebates. You likewise won’t be able to assert any tax deductible interest on solar loan payments (HELOC or PACE).
5. You never get to totally free power with a lease or PPA. On the other hand, if you acquire a solar system once the solar loan is paid off you can enjoy free electrical power from the sun for 10– 15 years depending upon the length of the solar loan.
[google-map location=”Orange CA”]
6. Offering your home with a solar lease or PPA can be problematic. Solar leases require the new owner to assume the lease and terms. If you check out any of the above you can most likely see why an informed customer would not have an interest in assuming the commitments of your lease. This is specifically real if the lease is 7 or more years old and the yearly expense escalator in the lease has now raised the expense of electricity to equivalent or more than the expense of electrical energy from the energy.