Before you sign your name to a solar panel lease on your home in Oceanside CA 92054 you have to comprehend exactly what you are truly getting into. If you’re in business of selling solar leases perhaps you need to attempt Googling this, “benefits of solar lease” Read all of the page one results and see exactly what your customer’s are checking out if they do even a small amount of research. You likewise may attempt Googling, “selling home with solar lease” and “solar lease vs. purchase”. Read exactly what your client’s will check out when they do 30 minutes of study online before committing to a 20 year contract. Perhaps you’ll now comprehend why you get numerous cancellations and why if you don’t seal the deal on the very first appointment you’ve got almost no opportunity of closing it later. Why not change your approach do exactly what’s right for the customer and get on board with a business that offers industry leading value (price + quality + service).
The Solar Lease in Oceanside CA 92054 or PPA Sales Pitch generally includes six main points. We went over each below.
1. Go Solar and Pay Nothing! Or no cash out of pocket.
Signing a 20 year agreement in which you guarantee to pay X hundred dollars per month is barely paying absolutely nothing. If you build up all those month-to-month payments during the term of the contract you’ll be paying 2 to 3 times exactly what you would have paid purchasing the solar system even if you factor in the interest paid on the solar loan. Numerous no money down solar loans are available. If you have the credit report to get approved for the lease you can make use of the bank’s cash to finance your solar system with absolutely no money down.
[ssvideo keyword=”Solar Contractors” title=”Solar Companies in Oceanside”]
2. No concerns. The leasing/PPA company in Oceanside CA 92054 is responsible for all maintenance and repairs on the system.
The leasing company will certainly not clean your photovoltaic panels which is about only upkeep needed on a solar system. Solar systems are very low upkeep without any moving parts and come with very long producer’s warranties and performance assurances. 25 years with a microinverter based system, that’s longer than the leasing companies’ warranty. Most tier 1 solar equipment makers are bigger and more solvent than the solar leasing business by lots of multiples. Those long warranties are supported by a 20 year bumper to bumper guarantee from Solar Symphony.
3. Insurance– go solar with a lease and the renting business guarantees the system.
Purchase a system and the solar system is covered under your property owner’s policy for a just a couple dollars per month.
4. Tracking– the leasing company monitors your system for the life of the lease/PPA.
When you purchase a system you also get monitoring for the life of the system, utilizing the very same tracking devices made use of by the leasing business.
5. Simply sign a contract and the renting company does everything else.
When purchasing a system you also just sign a contract and the solar contractors does everything else. Distinction is the leasing companies agreement is 17 pages (fine print) and the solar contractor’s contract is 2 pages.
6. A lease does not hit your personal credit. Doesn’t impact your financial obligation to income ratio.
This might be the only true benefit of the lease but it comes at an awefully high price. If this is one of your main issues there are financing alternatives for a purchase (PACE and HERO) that also don’t strike your individual credit or influence your financial obligation to earnings ratio. And those programs allow almost any homeowner to go solar despite their credit rating.
Now for the 6 major drawbacks to a solar lease in Oceanside CA 92054 or PPA.
1. A lease is a 20 year liability. It is not an asset or an investment in solar. The solar leasing business are investing in solar on your roof! You’re just offering them an ensured 20 year capital!
2. Now you have two energy costs not just one! In essence the renting company becomes a second energy. So, sign a solar lease and now you have 2 utility companies you need to pay each month.
3. Many leases or PPAs carry a yearly expense escalator, normally 2.9 %. So while you might be conserving cash today in a numerous years you won’t be.
4. You won’t have the ability to declare the 30 % federal tax credit and any appropriate money discounts. You also will not be able to assert any tax deductible interest on solar loan payments (HELOC or PACE).
5. You never get to complimentary power with a lease or PPA. On the other hand, if you buy a solar system once the solar loan is paid off you can take pleasure in totally free electrical energy from the sun for 10– 15 years depending on the length of the solar loan.
[google-map location=”Oceanside CA”]
6. Selling your house with a solar lease or PPA can be problematic. Solar leases need the new owner to presume the lease and terms. If you check out any of the above you can most likely see why an educated customer would not have an interest in assuming the obligations of your lease. This is particularly true if the lease is 7 or more years of ages and the yearly expense escalator in the lease has now raised the expense of electricity to equal or more than the cost of electrical power from the energy.