Prior to you sign your name to a solar panel lease on your house in Los Alamitos CA 90720 you need to comprehend what you are really getting into. If you’re in business of selling solar leases perhaps you ought to try Googling this, “benefits of solar lease” Read all the page one results and see what your customer’s are reading if they do even a small amount of homework. You likewise may attempt Googling, “selling home with solar lease” and “solar lease vs. buy”. Read exactly what your consumer’s will certainly check out when they do 30 minutes of research online before dedicating to a 20 year contract. Possibly you’ll now understand why you get so many cancellations and why if you do not close the deal on the first consultation you’ve got practically no chance of closing it later. Why not change your technique do exactly what’s right for the client and get on board with a company that offers market leading value (cost + quality + service).
The Solar Lease in Los Alamitos CA 90720 or PPA Sales Pitch typically consists of 6 main points. We discussed each below.
1. Go Solar and Pay Nothing! Or no cash out of pocket.
Signing a 20 year contract where you guarantee to pay X hundred dollars per month is barely paying absolutely nothing. If you accumulate all of those monthly payments throughout the term of the contract you’ll be paying 2 to 3 times exactly what you would have paid buying the solar system even if you factor in the interest paid on the solar loan. Lots of no cash down solar loans are offered. If you have the credit history to get the lease you can use the bank’s cash to fund your solar system with absolutely no money down.
[ssvideo keyword=”Solar Companies” title=”Solar Companies in Los Alamitos”]
2. No fears. The leasing/PPA business in Los Alamitos CA 90720 is responsible for all maintenance and repairs on the system.
The leasing company will not clean your photovoltaic panels which has to do with only maintenance needed on a solar system. Solar systems are extremely low maintenance without any moving parts and feature very long maker’s guarantees and efficiency assurances. 25 years with a microinverter based system, that’s longer than the leasing business’ warranty. A lot of tier 1 solar devices manufacturers are larger and more solvent than the solar leasing business by many multiples. Those long warranties are supported by a 20 year bumper to bumper warranty from Solar Symphony.
3. Insurance– go solar with a lease and the renting company guarantees the system.
Purchase a system and the solar system is covered under your homeowner’s policy for a just a couple dollars per month.
4. Monitoring– the leasing business monitors your system for the life of the lease/PPA.
When you purchase a system you likewise get keeping track of for the life of the system, utilizing the exact same monitoring equipment utilized by the leasing company.
5. Simply sign a contract and the renting business does everything else.
When acquiring a system you likewise just sign a contract and the solar specialists does everything else. Difference is the leasing business contract is 17 pages (small print) and the solar contractor’s agreement is 2 pages.
6. A lease does not strike your individual credit. Does not influence your debt to earnings ratio.
This might be the only true benefit of the lease however it comes at an awefully high cost. If this is one of your major issues there are funding alternatives for a purchase (PACE and HERO) that also don’t hit your individual credit or impact your financial obligation to income ratio. And those programs permit nearly any house owner to go solar no matter their credit score.
Now for the 6 main drawbacks to a solar lease in Los Alamitos CA 90720 or PPA.
1. A lease is a 20 year liability. It is not a possession or an investment in solar. The solar leasing companies are investing in solar on your roofing! You’re just offering them a guaranteed 20 year capital!
2. Now you have two energy expenses not just one! In essence the renting company becomes a 2nd energy. So, sign a solar lease and now you have 2 utility business you have to pay monthly.
3. Most leases or PPAs bring an annual cost escalator, usually 2.9 %. So while you may be conserving money today in a numerous years you won’t be.
4. You won’t be able to claim the 30 % federal tax credit and any suitable money refunds. You also won’t have the ability to assert any tax deductible interest on solar loan payments (HELOC or PACE).
5. You never ever get to free power with a lease or PPA. In contrast, if you buy a solar system once the solar loan is settled you can take pleasure in free electrical energy from the sun for 10– 15 years depending upon the length of the solar loan.
[google-map location=”Los Alamitos CA”]
6. Selling your house with a solar lease or PPA can be problematic. Solar leases require the brand-new owner to assume the lease and terms. If you check out any of the above you can most likely see why an educated customer would not want presuming the commitments of your lease. This is particularly real if the lease is 7 or more years of ages and the yearly cost escalator in the lease has now raised the expense of electricity to equivalent or more than the expense of electrical power from the utility.