Before you sign your name to a solar panel lease on your house in Lemon Grove CA 91946 you have to understand what you are really getting into. If you’re in business of selling solar leases possibly you need to attempt Googling this, “benefits of solar lease” Read all the page one results and see exactly what your consumer’s are reading if they do even a percentage of homework. You likewise might attempt Googling, “selling home with solar lease” and “solar lease vs. purchase”. Read what your consumer’s will certainly read when they do 30 minutes of study online before dedicating to a 20 year contract. Possibly you’ll now understand why you get a lot of cancellations and why if you do not seal the deal on the first consultation you’ve got almost no possibility of closing it later. Why not alter your strategy do what’s right for the customer and get on board with a company that provides market leading value (rate + quality + service).
The Solar Lease in Lemon Grove CA 91946 or PPA Sales Pitch normally includes six main points. We went over each below.
1. Go Solar and Pay Nothing! Or no money out of pocket.
Signing a 20 year agreement where you promise to pay X hundred dollars per month is barely paying absolutely nothing. If you accumulate all those regular monthly payments during the term of the agreement you’ll be paying 2 to 3 times exactly what you would have paid acquiring the solar system even if you consider the interest paid on the solar loan. Many no cash down solar loans are available. If you have the credit history to get the lease you can use the bank’s money to fund your solar system with zero cash down.
[ssvideo keyword=”Solar Companies” title=”Solar Contractors in Lemon Grove”]
2. No worries. The leasing/PPA business in Lemon Grove CA 91946 is liable for all repair and maintenance on the system.
The renting company will not clean your solar panels which is about just upkeep required on a solar system. Solar systems are very low upkeep with no moving parts and include extremely long producer’s service warranties and efficiency warranties. 25 years with a microinverter based system, that’s longer than the leasing business’ assurance. A lot of tier 1 solar devices manufacturers are larger and more solvent than the solar leasing business by lots of multiples. Those long service warranties are backed up by a 20 year bumper to bumper warranty from Solar Symphony.
3. Insurance– go solar with a lease and the leasing business insures the system.
Purchase a system and the solar system is covered under your house owner’s policy for a just a couple dollars per month.
4. Monitoring– the renting business monitors your system for the life of the lease/PPA.
When you purchase a system you likewise get keeping an eye on for the life of the system, utilizing the exact same monitoring equipment utilized by the leasing company.
5. Just sign an agreement and the renting business does everything else.
When acquiring a system you likewise simply sign an agreement and the solar specialists does everything else. Difference is the leasing business contract is 17 pages (fine print) and the solar specialist’s agreement is 2 pages.
6. A lease does not strike your individual credit. Does not impact your debt to income ratio.
This might be the only real benefit of the lease however it comes at an awefully high price. If this is one of your primary concerns there are financing options for a purchase (PACE and HERO) that likewise do not hit your individual credit or influence your debt to earnings ratio. And those programs permit practically any house owner to go solar no matter their credit score.
Now for the six primary downsides to a solar lease in Lemon Grove CA 91946 or PPA.
1. A lease is a 20 year liability. It is not a possession or a financial investment in solar. The solar leasing companies are purchasing solar on your roofing system! You’re just supplying them an ensured 20 year capital!
2. Now you have two energy bills not simply one! In essence the leasing business ends up being a 2nd energy. So, sign a solar lease and now you have two utility companies you need to pay monthly.
3. A lot of leases or PPAs carry an annual expense escalator, generally 2.9 %. So while you may be saving cash today in a numerous years you won’t be.
4. You will not be able to declare the 30 % federal tax credit and any appropriate cash rebates. You also will not have the ability to assert any tax deductible interest on solar loan payments (HELOC or PACE).
5. You never ever get to free power with a lease or PPA. In contrast, if you buy a solar system once the solar loan is settled you can delight in free electrical power from the sun for 10– 15 years depending on the length of the solar loan.
[google-map location=”Lemon Grove CA”]
6. Selling your home with a solar lease or PPA can be troublesome. Solar leases need the brand-new owner to assume the lease and terms. If you read any of the above you can most likely see why an enlightened customer would not be interested in presuming the responsibilities of your lease. This is specifically real if the lease is 7 or more years old and the yearly cost escalator in the lease has now raised the expense of electricity to equivalent or more than the cost of electrical energy from the energy.