Before you sign your name to a solar panel lease on your home in Lake Elsinore CA 92532 you need to understand exactly what you are truly getting into. If you’re in the business of offering solar leases maybe you should attempt Googling this, “benefits of solar lease” Read all the page one results and see what your client’s are checking out if they do even a percentage of research. You also might attempt Googling, “selling home with solar lease” and “solar lease vs. purchase”. Read what your client’s will certainly read when they do 30 minutes of research online before committing to a 20 year contract. Perhaps you’ll now comprehend why you get numerous cancellations and why if you do not seal the deal on the very first appointment you’ve got practically no possibility of closing it later on. Why not alter your strategy do exactly what’s right for the consumer and get on board with a company that provides market leading value (rate + quality + service).
The Solar Lease in Lake Elsinore CA 92532 or PPA Sales Pitch generally consists of 6 bottom lines. We talked about each below.
1. Go Solar and Pay Nothing! Or no cash out of pocket.
Signing a 20 year agreement in which you guarantee to pay X hundred dollars per month is barely paying nothing. If you add up all those regular monthly payments during the term of the contract you’ll be paying 2 to 3 times exactly what you would have paid purchasing the solar system even if you factor in the interest paid on the solar loan. Numerous no money down solar loans are offered. If you have the credit report to get approved for the lease you can make use of the bank’s money to finance your solar system with absolutely no money down.
[ssvideo keyword=”Solar Companies” title=”Solar Companies in Lake Elsinore”]
2. No fears. The leasing/PPA business in Lake Elsinore CA 92532 is accountable for all maintenance and repairs on the system.
The leasing business will certainly not clean your solar panels which has to do with only upkeep used on a solar system. Solar systems are incredibly low upkeep without any moving parts and include extremely long producer’s service warranties and efficiency assurances. 25 years with a microinverter based system, that’s longer than the leasing business’ guarantee. Most tier 1 solar devices manufacturers are bigger and more financially stable than the solar leasing business by lots of multiples. Those long warranties are backed up by a 20 year bumper to bumper service warranty from Solar Symphony.
3. Insurance coverage– go solar with a lease and the renting business guarantees the system.
Purchase a system and the solar system is covered under your homeowner’s policy for a just a couple dollars per month.
4. Tracking– the renting company monitors your system for the life of the lease/PPA.
When you acquire a system you also get monitoring for the life of the system, utilizing the very same monitoring equipment made use of by the renting business.
5. Just sign an agreement and the renting business does everything else.
When buying a system you also simply sign an agreement and the solar professionals does everything else. Distinction is the leasing companies contract is 17 pages (small print) and the solar specialist’s contract is 2 pages.
6. A lease does not hit your personal credit. Doesn’t impact your financial obligation to income ratio.
This may be the only real advantage of the lease but it comes at an awefully high rate. If this is among your main concerns there are financing options for a purchase (PACE and HERO) that likewise don’t hit your individual credit or influence your financial obligation to earnings ratio. And those programs allow almost any property owner to go solar despite their credit score.
Now for the 6 major downsides to a solar lease in Lake Elsinore CA 92532 or PPA.
1. A lease is a 20 year liability. It is not a possession or an investment in solar. The solar leasing companies are purchasing solar on your roofing! You’re just providing them an ensured 20 year cash flow!
2. Now you have 2 energy bills not just one! In essence the renting company becomes a second utility. So, sign a solar lease and now you have 2 energy companies you have to pay monthly.
3. Many leases or PPAs lug an annual expense escalator, usually 2.9 %. So while you might be conserving money today in a numerous years you will not be.
4. You will not have the ability to assert the 30 % federal tax credit and any applicable money refunds. You also will not be able to assert any tax deductible interest on solar loan payments (HELOC or PACE).
5. You never ever get to totally free power with a lease or PPA. In contrast, if you purchase a solar system once the solar loan is paid off you can take pleasure in totally free electrical power from the sun for 10– 15 years depending on the length of the solar loan.
[google-map location=”Lake Elsinore CA”]
6. Selling your home with a solar lease or PPA can be troublesome. Solar leases require the new owner to presume the lease and terms. If you read any of the above you can most likely see why an enlightened customer would not have an interest in presuming the obligations of your lease. This is especially true if the lease is 7 or more years of ages and the annual expense escalator in the lease has now raised the expense of electrical energy to equivalent or more than the cost of electricity from the energy.