Before you sign your name to a solar panel lease on your home in Laguna Niguel CA 92677 you need to comprehend what you are really getting into. If you’re in business of offering solar leases maybe you must try Googling this, “benefits of solar lease” Read all of the page one results and see what your consumer’s are checking out if they do even a small amount of homework. You also might try Googling, “selling home with solar lease” and “solar lease vs. buy”. Read what your client’s will certainly check out when they do 30 minutes of research online before dedicating to a 20 year agreement. Perhaps you’ll now comprehend why you get numerous cancellations and why if you do not close the deal on the first appointment you’ve got nearly no chance of closing it later on. Why not alter your technique do exactly what’s right for the client and get on board with a company that provides industry leading value (price + quality + service).
The Solar Lease in Laguna Niguel CA 92677 or PPA Sales Pitch typically includes 6 bottom lines. We went over each below.
1. Go Solar and Pay Nothing! Or no money out of pocket.
Signing a 20 year contract where you assure to pay X hundred dollars per month is hardly paying nothing. If you add up all those regular monthly payments throughout the regard to the agreement you’ll be paying 2 to 3 times what you would have paid purchasing the solar system even if you factor in the interest paid on the solar loan. Lots of no cash down solar loans are available. If you have the credit score to qualify for the lease you can utilize the bank’s cash to finance your solar system with absolutely no money down.
[ssvideo keyword=”Solar Contractors” title=”Solar Companies in Laguna Niguel”]
2. No worries. The leasing/PPA company in Laguna Niguel CA 92677 is responsible for all maintenance and repairs on the system.
The leasing business will not clean your solar panels which is about just upkeep used on a solar system. Solar systems are incredibly low upkeep without any moving parts and come with exceptionally long producer’s warranties and efficiency assurances. 25 years with a microinverter based system, that’s longer than the leasing companies’ guarantee. Most tier 1 solar equipment producers are larger and more solvent than the solar leasing company by many multiples. Those long guarantees are backed up by a 20 year bumper to bumper service warranty from Solar Symphony.
3. Insurance coverage– go solar with a lease and the leasing business guarantees the system.
Purchase a system and the solar system is covered under your property owner’s policy for a simply a couple dollars per month.
4. Tracking– the leasing business monitors your system for the life of the lease/PPA.
When you purchase a system you also get keeping an eye on for the life of the system, utilizing the very same monitoring devices made use of by the renting company.
5. Simply sign an agreement and the renting business does everything else.
When acquiring a system you likewise simply sign an agreement and the solar service providers does everything else. Distinction is the leasing companies contract is 17 pages (small print) and the solar professional’s contract is 2 pages.
6. A lease does not strike your individual credit. Does not impact your debt to earnings ratio.
This may be the only true benefit of the lease but it comes at an awefully high price. If this is among your primary issues there are funding choices for a purchase (PACE and HERO) that likewise do not hit your individual credit or affect your debt to earnings ratio. And those programs enable nearly any homeowner to go solar regardless of their credit rating.
Now for the 6 major disadvantages to a solar lease in Laguna Niguel CA 92677 or PPA.
1. A lease is a 20 year liability. It is not a possession or an investment in solar. The solar leasing business are purchasing solar on your roof! You’re just supplying them a guaranteed 20 year capital!
2. Now you have 2 utility bills not just one! In essence the leasing company becomes a second utility. So, sign a solar lease and now you have 2 utility business you have to pay each month.
3. The majority of leases or PPAs carry an annual expense escalator, usually 2.9 %. So while you might be saving cash today in a numerous years you won’t be.
4. You will not have the ability to assert the 30 % federal tax credit and any appropriate cash rebates. You also will not have the ability to claim any tax deductible interest on solar loan payments (HELOC or PACE).
5. You never ever get to totally free power with a lease or PPA. On the other hand, if you acquire a solar system once the solar loan is paid off you can enjoy free electricity from the sun for 10– 15 years depending on the length of the solar loan.
[google-map location=”Laguna Niguel CA”]
6. Selling your house with a solar lease or PPA can be problematic. Solar leases need the brand-new owner to assume the lease and terms. If you read any of the above you can probably see why an enlightened customer would not be interested in presuming the responsibilities of your lease. This is specifically true if the lease is 7 or more years old and the yearly cost escalator in the lease has now raised the cost of electrical power to equal or more than the expense of electricity from the energy.