Before you sign your name to a solar panel lease on your home in Laguna Beach CA 92651 you need to comprehend what you are truly getting into. If you’re in the business of offering solar leases perhaps you need to attempt Googling this, “benefits of solar lease” Read all of the page one results and see what your customer’s are checking out if they do even a percentage of homework. You likewise might attempt Googling, “selling home with solar lease” and “solar lease vs. purchase”. Read exactly what your client’s will certainly check out when they do 30 minutes of research online prior to committing to a 20 year agreement. Maybe you’ll now understand why you get so many cancellations and why if you do not seal the deal on the first visit you’ve got almost no possibility of closing it later on. Why not alter your strategy do exactly what’s right for the client and get on board with a company that offers market leading value (price + quality + service).
The Solar Lease in Laguna Beach CA 92651 or PPA Sales Pitch usually consists of six main points. We discussed each below.
1. Go Solar and Pay Nothing! Or no cash out of pocket.
Signing a 20 year contract where you assure to pay X hundred dollars per month is barely paying nothing. If you add up all of those monthly payments during the term of the agreement you’ll be paying 2 to 3 times exactly what you would have paid buying the solar system even if you factor in the interest paid on the solar loan. Numerous no cash down solar loans are available. If you have the credit history to get approved for the lease you can utilize the bank’s money to finance your solar system with no money down.
[ssvideo keyword=”Solar Companies” title=”Solar Contractors in Laguna Beach”]
2. No worries. The leasing/PPA company in Laguna Beach CA 92651 is liable for all maintenance and repairs on the system.
The renting business will certainly not clean your solar panels which has to do with only upkeep used on a solar system. Solar systems are extremely low maintenance without any moving parts and have incredibly long producer’s warranties and efficiency assurances. 25 years with a microinverter based system, that’s longer than the leasing business’ warranty. A lot of tier 1 solar devices manufacturers are larger and more financially stable than the solar leasing business by numerous multiples. Those long warranties are backed up by a 20 year bumper to bumper service warranty from Solar Symphony.
3. Insurance coverage– go solar with a lease and the renting company insures the system.
Purchase a system and the solar system is covered under your house owner’s policy for a simply a couple dollars per month.
4. Monitoring– the renting business monitors your system for the life of the lease/PPA.
When you acquire a system you also get monitoring for the life of the system, making use of the exact same tracking equipment utilized by the renting business.
5. Simply sign an agreement and the leasing business does everything else.
When buying a system you likewise simply sign a contract and the solar contractors does everything else. Distinction is the leasing business contract is 17 pages (small print) and the solar service provider’s agreement is 2 pages.
6. A lease does not hit your personal credit. Doesn’t influence your debt to income ratio.
This might be the only real advantage of the lease however it comes at an awefully high cost. If this is one of your main issues there are funding choices for a purchase (PACE and HERO) that also don’t hit your personal credit or impact your financial obligation to earnings ratio. And those programs permit nearly any property owner to go solar no matter their credit rating.
Now for the 6 main disadvantages to a solar lease in Laguna Beach CA 92651 or PPA.
1. A lease is a 20 year liability. It is not an asset or a financial investment in solar. The solar leasing companies are investing in solar on your roofing! You’re simply offering them a guaranteed 20 year capital!
2. Now you have 2 utility bills not just one! In essence the leasing business becomes a 2nd energy. So, sign a solar lease and now you have 2 energy companies you need to pay each month.
3. A lot of leases or PPAs carry a yearly cost escalator, usually 2.9 %. So while you may be saving cash today in a numerous years you won’t be.
4. You won’t be able to claim the 30 % federal tax credit and any suitable cash rebates. You also will not be able to declare any tax deductible interest on solar loan payments (HELOC or PACE).
5. You never ever get to totally free power with a lease or PPA. On the other hand, if you purchase a solar system once the solar loan is settled you can take pleasure in totally free electrical power from the sun for 10– 15 years depending upon the length of the solar loan.
[google-map location=”Laguna Beach CA”]
6. Selling your house with a solar lease or PPA can be bothersome. Solar leases need the brand-new owner to assume the lease and terms. If you read any of the above you can most likely see why an informed customer would not have an interest in assuming the responsibilities of your lease. This is particularly real if the lease is 7 or more years of ages and the annual cost escalator in the lease has now raised the expense of electrical energy to equivalent or more than the cost of electrical energy from the energy.