Before you sign your name to a solar panel lease on your home in La Mesa CA 91942 you have to comprehend what you are actually getting into. If you’re in business of selling solar leases perhaps you must attempt Googling this, “benefits of solar lease” Read all the page one results and see what your client’s are reading if they do even a small amount of homework. You likewise may try Googling, “selling home with solar lease” and “solar lease vs. purchase”. Read exactly what your client’s will certainly read when they do 30 minutes of research online prior to committing to a 20 year agreement. Maybe you’ll now understand why you get a lot of cancellations and why if you do not seal the deal on the very first appointment you’ve got nearly no possibility of closing it later on. Why not change your method do exactly what’s right for the consumer and get on board with a company that supplies industry leading value (rate + quality + service).
The Solar Lease in La Mesa CA 91942 or PPA Sales Pitch typically consists of six bottom lines. We discussed each below.
1. Go Solar and Pay Nothing! Or no cash out of pocket.
Signing a 20 year agreement in which you promise to pay X hundred dollars per month is barely paying nothing. If you build up all those regular monthly payments during the term of the agreement you’ll be paying 2 to 3 times exactly what you would have paid purchasing the solar system even if you consider the interest paid on the solar loan. Lots of zero cash down solar loans are offered. If you have the credit report to get approved for the lease you can make use of the bank’s cash to finance your solar system with zero money down.
[ssvideo keyword=”Solar Companies” title=”Solar Contractors in La Mesa”]
2. No fears. The leasing/PPA company in La Mesa CA 91942 is liable for all repair and maintenance on the system.
The renting business will not clean your solar panels which has to do with only upkeep needed on a solar system. Solar systems are exceptionally low upkeep with no moving parts and have incredibly long producer’s guarantees and efficiency warranties. 25 years with a microinverter based system, that’s longer than the leasing business’ assurance. Most tier 1 solar equipment makers are bigger and more financially stable than the solar leasing business by lots of multiples. Those long service warranties are backed up by a 20 year bumper to bumper warranty from Solar Symphony.
3. Insurance coverage– go solar with a lease and the renting business guarantees the system.
Purchase a system and the solar system is covered under your homeowner’s policy for a simply a couple dollars per month.
4. Tracking– the renting company monitors your system for the life of the lease/PPA.
When you buy a system you also get monitoring for the life of the system, making use of the same tracking devices utilized by the renting company.
5. Just sign an agreement and the renting business does everything else.
When purchasing a system you likewise simply sign a contract and the solar professionals does everything else. Difference is the leasing business agreement is 17 pages (small print) and the solar contractor’s agreement is 2 pages.
6. A lease does not hit your personal credit. Doesn’t affect your debt to income ratio.
This may be the only true benefit of the lease but it comes at an awefully high cost. If this is among your primary concerns there are financing choices for a purchase (PACE and HERO) that likewise do not hit your individual credit or affect your debt to earnings ratio. And those programs permit virtually any house owner to go solar no matter their credit rating.
Now for the 6 primary downsides to a solar lease in La Mesa CA 91942 or PPA.
1. A lease is a 20 year liability. It is not an asset or a financial investment in solar. The solar leasing business are buying solar on your roofing system! You’re simply supplying them a guaranteed 20 year capital!
2. Now you have 2 utility expenses not just one! In essence the leasing company becomes a 2nd utility. So, sign a solar lease and now you have 2 utility companies you have to pay monthly.
3. Many leases or PPAs bring an annual cost escalator, usually 2.9 %. So while you may be saving cash today in a several years you won’t be.
4. You won’t have the ability to assert the 30 % federal tax credit and any appropriate cash refunds. You likewise won’t be able to declare any tax deductible interest on solar loan payments (HELOC or PACE).
5. You never ever get to free power with a lease or PPA. On the other hand, if you purchase a solar system once the solar loan is paid off you can delight in complimentary electrical power from the sun for 10– 15 years depending on the length of the solar loan.
[google-map location=”La Mesa CA”]
6. Selling your house with a solar lease or PPA can be bothersome. Solar leases require the new owner to presume the lease and terms. If you check out any of the above you can probably see why an informed customer would not have an interest in assuming the commitments of your lease. This is specifically true if the lease is 7 or more years old and the yearly expense escalator in the lease has actually now raised the cost of electrical energy to equivalent or more than the cost of electrical energy from the utility.