Prior to you sign your name to a solar panel lease on your home in La Jolla CA 92092 you have to understand exactly what you are truly getting into. If you’re in the business of selling solar leases maybe you must attempt Googling this, “benefits of solar lease” Read all of the page one results and see exactly what your consumer’s are reading if they do even a percentage of homework. You also may try Googling, “selling home with solar lease” and “solar lease vs. purchase”. Read exactly what your customer’s will read when they do 30 minutes of study online before dedicating to a 20 year contract. Possibly you’ll now comprehend why you get many cancellations and why if you do not seal the deal on the first consultation you’ve got virtually no opportunity of closing it later on. Why not change your method do exactly what’s right for the client and get on board with a company that provides industry leading value (rate + quality + service).
The Solar Lease in La Jolla CA 92092 or PPA Sales Pitch usually consists of 6 main points. We talked about each below.
1. Go Solar and Pay Nothing! Or no cash out of pocket.
Signing a 20 year agreement in which you promise to pay X hundred dollars per month is hardly paying absolutely nothing. If you accumulate all of those monthly payments throughout the term of the agreement you’ll be paying 2 to 3 times exactly what you would have paid purchasing the solar system even if you consider the interest paid on the solar loan. Numerous absolutely no money down solar loans are readily available. If you have the credit report to get approved for the lease you can use the bank’s cash to finance your solar system with absolutely no cash down.
[ssvideo keyword=”Solar Companies” title=”Solar Companies in La Jolla”]
2. No fears. The leasing/PPA company in La Jolla CA 92092 is responsible for all maintenance and repairs on the system.
The leasing business will certainly not clean your photovoltaic panels which has to do with only upkeep needed on a solar system. Solar systems are very low maintenance without any moving parts and include exceptionally long producer’s service warranties and efficiency assurances. 25 years with a microinverter based system, that’s longer than the leasing companies’ guarantee. Many tier 1 solar devices producers are larger and more financially stable than the solar leasing business by numerous multiples. Those long guarantees are supported by a 20 year bumper to bumper service warranty from Solar Symphony.
3. Insurance coverage– go solar with a lease and the renting company guarantees the system.
Purchase a system and the solar system is covered under your homeowner’s policy for a just a couple dollars per month.
4. Monitoring– the leasing company monitors your system for the life of the lease/PPA.
When you acquire a system you also get keeping track of for the life of the system, making use of the exact same tracking equipment made use of by the leasing company.
5. Just sign an agreement and the renting company does everything else.
When acquiring a system you also just sign an agreement and the solar service providers does everything else. Difference is the leasing business contract is 17 pages (fine print) and the solar contractor’s contract is 2 pages.
6. A lease does not hit your personal credit. Does not influence your debt to income ratio.
This might be the only true benefit of the lease but it comes at an awefully high price. If this is one of your primary concerns there are funding alternatives for a purchase (PACE and HERO) that likewise do not strike your personal credit or influence your financial obligation to earnings ratio. And those programs permit nearly any homeowner to go solar despite their credit rating.
Now for the 6 main downsides to a solar lease in La Jolla CA 92092 or PPA.
1. A lease is a 20 year liability. It is not an asset or a financial investment in solar. The solar leasing business are investing in solar on your roofing! You’re just supplying them an ensured 20 year capital!
2. Now you have 2 utility expenses not just one! In essence the renting business becomes a 2nd utility. So, sign a solar lease and now you have 2 utility companies you need to pay each month.
3. Many leases or PPAs carry an annual cost escalator, typically 2.9 %. So while you may be conserving money today in a several years you won’t be.
4. You will not have the ability to claim the 30 % federal tax credit and any appropriate cash rebates. You also will not have the ability to declare any tax deductible interest on solar loan payments (HELOC or PACE).
5. You never get to complimentary power with a lease or PPA. On the other hand, if you acquire a solar system once the solar loan is settled you can delight in totally free electrical energy from the sun for 10– 15 years depending upon the length of the solar loan.
[google-map location=”La Jolla CA”]
6. Selling your home with a solar lease or PPA can be troublesome. Solar leases require the new owner to presume the lease and terms. If you check out any of the above you can probably see why an enlightened consumer would not want presuming the obligations of your lease. This is especially true if the lease is 7 or more years old and the annual cost escalator in the lease has actually now raised the cost of electrical energy to equal or more than the expense of electricity from the energy.