Prior to you sign your name to a solar panel lease on your home in La Jolla CA 92039 you have to understand what you are really getting into. If you’re in business of selling solar leases perhaps you must try Googling this, “benefits of solar lease” Read all the page one results and see what your customer’s are checking out if they do even a small amount of research. You also might attempt Googling, “selling home with solar lease” and “solar lease vs. purchase”. Read exactly what your client’s will certainly read when they do 30 minutes of research online before dedicating to a 20 year agreement. Perhaps you’ll now understand why you get a lot of cancellations and why if you do not seal the deal on the very first appointment you’ve got almost no chance of closing it later. Why not change your approach do exactly what’s right for the customer and get on board with a company that provides market leading value (rate + quality + service).
The Solar Lease in La Jolla CA 92039 or PPA Sales Pitch usually consists of 6 bottom lines. We talked about each below.
1. Go Solar and Pay Nothing! Or no money out of pocket.
Signing a 20 year contract where you assure to pay X hundred dollars per month is barely paying nothing. If you accumulate all of those monthly payments throughout the term of the agreement you’ll be paying 2 to 3 times exactly what you would have paid acquiring the solar system even if you factor in the interest paid on the solar loan. Lots of no money down solar loans are readily available. If you have the credit history to get approved for the lease you can use the bank’s money to finance your solar system with absolutely no cash down.
[ssvideo keyword=”Solar Contractors” title=”Solar Contractors in La Jolla”]
2. No concerns. The leasing/PPA business in La Jolla CA 92039 is responsible for all repair and maintenance on the system.
The leasing business will not clean your photovoltaic panels which has to do with only maintenance used on a solar system. Solar systems are extremely low upkeep with no moving parts and include very long maker’s service warranties and efficiency guarantees. 25 years with a microinverter based system, that’s longer than the leasing companies’ assurance. The majority of tier 1 solar devices producers are bigger and more solvent than the solar leasing company by many multiples. Those long service warranties are supported by a 20 year bumper to bumper service warranty from Solar Symphony.
3. Insurance– go solar with a lease and the leasing company guarantees the system.
Purchase a system and the solar system is covered under your property owner’s policy for a simply a couple dollars per month.
4. Tracking– the renting company monitors your system for the life of the lease/PPA.
When you purchase a system you likewise get monitoring for the life of the system, utilizing the same monitoring equipment made use of by the renting business.
5. Just sign an agreement and the renting business does everything else.
When buying a system you also just sign an agreement and the solar contractors does everything else. Difference is the leasing companies contract is 17 pages (fine print) and the solar professional’s agreement is 2 pages.
6. A lease doesn’t strike your individual credit. Doesn’t affect your financial obligation to income ratio.
This may be the only true benefit of the lease but it comes at an awefully high cost. If this is among your main issues there are financing choices for a purchase (PACE and HERO) that also don’t strike your individual credit or influence your financial obligation to income ratio. And those programs permit practically any house owner to go solar regardless of their credit score.
Now for the 6 primary drawbacks to a solar lease in La Jolla CA 92039 or PPA.
1. A lease is a 20 year liability. It is not an asset or an investment in solar. The solar leasing business are purchasing solar on your roofing system! You’re simply providing them a guaranteed 20 year capital!
2. Now you have two energy expenses not simply one! In essence the renting company becomes a 2nd utility. So, sign a solar lease and now you have two utility companies you have to pay monthly.
3. Many leases or PPAs carry an annual cost escalator, typically 2.9 %. So while you may be conserving money today in a numerous years you won’t be.
4. You will not be able to claim the 30 % federal tax credit and any appropriate money discounts. You also won’t be able to assert any tax deductible interest on solar loan payments (HELOC or PACE).
5. You never ever get to totally free power with a lease or PPA. On the other hand, if you buy a solar system once the solar loan is paid off you can take pleasure in totally free electrical energy from the sun for 10– 15 years depending on the length of the solar loan.
[google-map location=”La Jolla CA”]
6. Offering your house with a solar lease or PPA can be problematic. Solar leases use the new owner to assume the lease and terms. If you read any of the above you can most likely see why an informed consumer would not want assuming the obligations of your lease. This is especially true if the lease is 7 or more years of ages and the annual expense escalator in the lease has actually now raised the cost of electrical power to equivalent or more than the cost of electrical power from the utility.