Prior to you sign your name to a solar panel lease on your house in La Jolla CA 92039 you have to comprehend what you are actually getting into. If you’re in the business of selling solar leases maybe you ought to try Googling this, “benefits of solar lease” Read all the page one results and see exactly what your client’s are reading if they do even a small amount of homework. You likewise may attempt Googling, “selling home with solar lease” and “solar lease vs. purchase”. Read exactly what your client’s will certainly check out when they do 30 minutes of study online before committing to a 20 year agreement. Maybe you’ll now understand why you get so many cancellations and why if you do not close the deal on the very first appointment you’ve got nearly no possibility of closing it later. Why not change your technique do exactly what’s right for the client and get on board with a company that supplies market leading value (cost + quality + service).
The Solar Lease in La Jolla CA 92039 or PPA Sales Pitch usually includes six bottom lines. We discussed each below.
1. Go Solar and Pay Nothing! Or no money out of pocket.
Signing a 20 year contract in which you guarantee to pay X hundred dollars per month is hardly paying nothing. If you build up all of those regular monthly payments during the regard to the agreement you’ll be paying 2 to 3 times exactly what you would have paid acquiring the solar system even if you consider the interest paid on the solar loan. Lots of no cash down solar loans are available. If you have the credit report to get approved for the lease you can use the bank’s money to finance your solar system with absolutely no cash down.
[ssvideo keyword=”Solar Contractors” title=”Solar Companies in La Jolla”]
2. No worries. The leasing/PPA company in La Jolla CA 92039 is responsible for all repair and maintenance on the system.
The leasing company will certainly not clean your solar panels which has to do with just maintenance required on a solar system. Solar systems are incredibly low maintenance without any moving parts and include very long manufacturer’s guarantees and efficiency warranties. 25 years with a microinverter based system, that’s longer than the leasing business’ warranty. Many tier 1 solar devices makers are bigger and more solvent than the solar leasing company by many multiples. Those long guarantees are supported by a 20 year bumper to bumper service warranty from Solar Symphony.
3. Insurance coverage– go solar with a lease and the leasing company guarantees the system.
Purchase a system and the solar system is covered under your homeowner’s policy for a simply a couple dollars per month.
4. Tracking– the leasing business monitors your system for the life of the lease/PPA.
When you acquire a system you also get keeping track of for the life of the system, using the exact same monitoring equipment utilized by the renting company.
5. Simply sign an agreement and the renting company does everything else.
When acquiring a system you also just sign a contract and the solar contractors does everything else. Difference is the leasing business contract is 17 pages (fine print) and the solar contractor’s contract is 2 pages.
6. A lease does not strike your individual credit. Doesn’t influence your debt to earnings ratio.
This may be the only true benefit of the lease however it comes at an awefully high cost. If this is among your primary concerns there are financing options for a purchase (PACE and HERO) that likewise don’t hit your personal credit or impact your debt to income ratio. And those programs allow practically any property owner to go solar no matter their credit rating.
Now for the six primary drawbacks to a solar lease in La Jolla CA 92039 or PPA.
1. A lease is a 20 year liability. It is not an asset or a financial investment in solar. The solar leasing business are buying solar on your roof! You’re just providing them a guaranteed 20 year cash flow!
2. Now you have two energy costs not just one! In essence the renting company becomes a second utility. So, sign a solar lease and now you have 2 utility companies you need to pay monthly.
3. The majority of leases or PPAs lug an annual cost escalator, typically 2.9 %. So while you might be conserving cash today in a several years you won’t be.
4. You won’t be able to assert the 30 % federal tax credit and any appropriate money discounts. You also will not be able to claim any tax deductible interest on solar loan payments (HELOC or PACE).
5. You never ever get to free power with a lease or PPA. In contrast, if you acquire a solar system once the solar loan is paid off you can get free electricity from the sun for 10– 15 years depending on the length of the solar loan.
[google-map location=”La Jolla CA”]
6. Selling your house with a solar lease or PPA can be troublesome. Solar leases use the brand-new owner to assume the lease and terms. If you read any of the above you can most likely see why an educated consumer would not have an interest in assuming the obligations of your lease. This is specifically real if the lease is 7 or more years old and the yearly cost escalator in the lease has now raised the expense of electrical power to equivalent or more than the expense of electrical power from the utility.