Before you sign your name to a solar panel lease on your home in Idyllwild CA 92549 you need to comprehend what you are actually getting into. If you’re in business of selling solar leases maybe you need to try Googling this, “benefits of solar lease” Read all of the page one results and see what your client’s are checking out if they do even a percentage of research. You also may attempt Googling, “selling home with solar lease” and “solar lease vs. purchase”. Read exactly what your client’s will certainly read when they do 30 minutes of study online prior to dedicating to a 20 year contract. Maybe you’ll now comprehend why you get a lot of cancellations and why if you do not seal the deal on the first appointment you’ve got nearly no opportunity of closing it later. Why not alter your technique do what’s right for the client and get on board with a company that provides industry leading value (cost + quality + service).
The Solar Lease in Idyllwild CA 92549 or PPA Sales Pitch generally consists of 6 bottom lines. We discussed each below.
1. Go Solar and Pay Nothing! Or no money out of pocket.
Signing a 20 year agreement where you promise to pay X hundred dollars per month is hardly paying nothing. If you accumulate all of those month-to-month payments during the term of the contract you’ll be paying 2 to 3 times exactly what you would have paid buying the solar system even if you consider the interest paid on the solar loan. Many no cash down solar loans are available. If you have the credit history to get the lease you can use the bank’s money to fund your solar system with zero money down.
[ssvideo keyword=”Solar Contractors” title=”Solar Contractors in Idyllwild”]
2. No worries. The leasing/PPA company in Idyllwild CA 92549 is responsible for all repair and maintenance on the system.
The leasing company will certainly not clean your solar panels which has to do with just maintenance required on a solar system. Solar systems are extremely low maintenance without any moving parts and feature incredibly long manufacturer’s guarantees and performance guarantees. 25 years with a microinverter based system, that’s longer than the leasing business’ warranty. The majority of tier 1 solar equipment manufacturers are bigger and more solvent than the solar leasing company by numerous multiples. Those long service warranties are supported by a 20 year bumper to bumper warranty from Solar Symphony.
3. Insurance– go solar with a lease and the renting company insures the system.
Purchase a system and the solar system is covered under your property owner’s policy for a simply a couple dollars per month.
4. Tracking– the renting business monitors your system for the life of the lease/PPA.
When you buy a system you likewise get keeping track of for the life of the system, making use of the same monitoring equipment utilized by the leasing company.
5. Just sign an agreement and the leasing company does everything else.
When acquiring a system you also just sign an agreement and the solar specialists does everything else. Difference is the leasing business agreement is 17 pages (small print) and the solar professional’s agreement is 2 pages.
6. A lease doesn’t strike your personal credit. Does not affect your financial obligation to income ratio.
This might be the only true benefit of the lease but it comes at an awefully high cost. If this is among your main concerns there are funding choices for a purchase (PACE and HERO) that also don’t hit your individual credit or influence your debt to income ratio. And those programs enable virtually any homeowner to go solar no matter their credit score.
Now for the 6 main downsides to a solar lease in Idyllwild CA 92549 or PPA.
1. A lease is a 20 year liability. It is not a possession or a financial investment in solar. The solar leasing business are purchasing solar on your roofing system! You’re just offering them a guaranteed 20 year capital!
2. Now you have 2 utility expenses not just one! In essence the leasing business ends up being a second utility. So, sign a solar lease and now you have 2 energy companies you need to pay each month.
3. A lot of leases or PPAs bring a yearly cost escalator, usually 2.9 %. So while you may be conserving money today in a several years you will not be.
4. You will not have the ability to claim the 30 % federal tax credit and any relevant money rebates. You also will not have the ability to claim any tax deductible interest on solar loan payments (HELOC or PACE).
5. You never get to free power with a lease or PPA. On the other hand, if you acquire a solar system once the solar loan is paid off you can get totally free electrical power from the sun for 10– 15 years depending upon the length of the solar loan.
[google-map location=”Idyllwild CA”]
6. Selling your house with a solar lease or PPA can be problematic. Solar leases use the brand-new owner to presume the lease and terms. If you read any of the above you can probably see why an informed customer would not be interested in assuming the obligations of your lease. This is especially true if the lease is 7 or more years old and the annual cost escalator in the lease has now raised the cost of electricity to equal or more than the cost of electrical power from the energy.