Before you sign your name to a solar panel lease on your home in Garden Grove CA 92843 you need to understand exactly what you are truly getting into. If you’re in the business of selling solar leases perhaps you must try Googling this, “benefits of solar lease” Read all the page one results and see what your consumer’s are checking out if they do even a small amount of research. You likewise may attempt Googling, “selling home with solar lease” and “solar lease vs. buy”. Read exactly what your customer’s will read when they do 30 minutes of research online prior to committing to a 20 year agreement. Perhaps you’ll now understand why you get a lot of cancellations and why if you don’t close the deal on the first consultation you’ve got practically no chance of closing it later on. Why not change your method do what’s right for the client and get on board with a business that supplies market leading value (cost + quality + service).
The Solar Lease in Garden Grove CA 92843 or PPA Sales Pitch normally consists of 6 main points. We went over each below.
1. Go Solar and Pay Nothing! Or no money out of pocket.
Signing a 20 year agreement where you guarantee to pay X hundred dollars per month is barely paying absolutely nothing. If you add up all of those month-to-month payments during the regard to the contract you’ll be paying 2 to 3 times what you would have paid purchasing the solar system even if you consider the interest paid on the solar loan. Many no cash down solar loans are available. If you have the credit score to get the lease you can use the bank’s cash to finance your solar system with zero cash down.
[ssvideo keyword=”Solar Contractors” title=”Solar Companies in Garden Grove”]
2. No concerns. The leasing/PPA business in Garden Grove CA 92843 is responsible for all repair and maintenance on the system.
The leasing company will certainly not clean your solar panels which has to do with just maintenance required on a solar system. Solar systems are extremely low upkeep with no moving parts and feature incredibly long maker’s guarantees and performance warranties. 25 years with a microinverter based system, that’s longer than the leasing companies’ warranty. Many tier 1 solar devices manufacturers are bigger and more financially stable than the solar leasing business by many multiples. Those long warranties are backed up by a 20 year bumper to bumper service warranty from Solar Symphony.
3. Insurance– go solar with a lease and the renting company guarantees the system.
Purchase a system and the solar system is covered under your house owner’s policy for a just a couple dollars per month.
4. Tracking– the renting business monitors your system for the life of the lease/PPA.
When you buy a system you also get keeping track of for the life of the system, making use of the same tracking equipment utilized by the leasing business.
5. Just sign a contract and the renting business does everything else.
When acquiring a system you also simply sign an agreement and the solar professionals does everything else. Difference is the leasing companies contract is 17 pages (fine print) and the solar contractor’s contract is 2 pages.
6. A lease doesn’t strike your individual credit. Does not affect your financial obligation to income ratio.
This may be the only true benefit of the lease but it comes at an awefully high rate. If this is among your main issues there are financing options for a purchase (PACE and HERO) that also do not hit your individual credit or influence your financial obligation to income ratio. And those programs enable practically any house owner to go solar despite their credit score.
Now for the 6 main drawbacks to a solar lease in Garden Grove CA 92843 or PPA.
1. A lease is a 20 year liability. It is not a possession or an investment in solar. The solar leasing companies are buying solar on your roofing! You’re just supplying them an ensured 20 year capital!
2. Now you have 2 utility expenses not simply one! In essence the leasing company becomes a second utility. So, sign a solar lease and now you have two energy business you need to pay each month.
3. A lot of leases or PPAs lug an annual expense escalator, usually 2.9 %. So while you might be conserving money today in a numerous years you won’t be.
4. You won’t have the ability to declare the 30 % federal tax credit and any applicable cash refunds. You likewise won’t be able to declare any tax deductible interest on solar loan payments (HELOC or PACE).
5. You never ever get to free power with a lease or PPA. In contrast, if you acquire a solar system once the solar loan is settled you can delight in totally free electrical energy from the sun for 10– 15 years depending on the length of the solar loan.
[google-map location=”Garden Grove CA”]
6. Offering your home with a solar lease or PPA can be troublesome. Solar leases need the brand-new owner to assume the lease and terms. If you check out any of the above you can most likely see why an enlightened consumer would not want assuming the obligations of your lease. This is particularly true if the lease is 7 or more years of ages and the annual expense escalator in the lease has actually now raised the cost of electrical energy to equivalent or more than the expense of electrical energy from the utility.