Prior to you sign your name to a solar panel lease on your house in Garden Grove CA 92641 you need to understand exactly what you are really getting into. If you’re in business of offering solar leases perhaps you ought to try Googling this, “benefits of solar lease” Read all the page one results and see what your consumer’s are checking out if they do even a percentage of homework. You likewise may attempt Googling, “selling home with solar lease” and “solar lease vs. purchase”. Read what your consumer’s will certainly read when they do 30 minutes of study online prior to committing to a 20 year agreement. Possibly you’ll now comprehend why you get many cancellations and why if you don’t seal the deal on the first visit you’ve got virtually no opportunity of closing it later on. Why not alter your strategy do exactly what’s right for the client and get on board with a company that provides market leading value (rate + quality + service).
The Solar Lease in Garden Grove CA 92641 or PPA Sales Pitch generally consists of 6 bottom lines. We discussed each below.
1. Go Solar and Pay Nothing! Or no cash out of pocket.
Signing a 20 year contract where you assure to pay X hundred dollars per month is hardly paying absolutely nothing. If you add up all of those monthly payments throughout the term of the agreement you’ll be paying 2 to 3 times what you would have paid purchasing the solar system even if you consider the interest paid on the solar loan. Lots of no money down solar loans are offered. If you have the credit history to get the lease you can use the bank’s cash to fund your solar system with absolutely no money down.
[ssvideo keyword=”Solar Contractors” title=”Solar Companies in Garden Grove”]
2. No worries. The leasing/PPA business in Garden Grove CA 92641 is responsible for all maintenance and repairs on the system.
The leasing business will not clean your solar panels which is about just upkeep needed on a solar system. Solar systems are incredibly low upkeep without any moving parts and have exceptionally long producer’s service warranties and efficiency assurances. 25 years with a microinverter based system, that’s longer than the leasing business’ assurance. The majority of tier 1 solar devices producers are bigger and more financially stable than the solar leasing company by lots of multiples. Those long warranties are backed up by a 20 year bumper to bumper service warranty from Solar Symphony.
3. Insurance– go solar with a lease and the renting business insures the system.
Purchase a system and the solar system is covered under your property owner’s policy for a simply a couple dollars per month.
4. Tracking– the leasing company monitors your system for the life of the lease/PPA.
When you acquire a system you also get monitoring for the life of the system, utilizing the exact same monitoring equipment made use of by the leasing business.
5. Just sign a contract and the leasing company does everything else.
When acquiring a system you also just sign an agreement and the solar professionals does everything else. Difference is the leasing companies agreement is 17 pages (small print) and the solar professional’s contract is 2 pages.
6. A lease does not hit your personal credit. Doesn’t influence your debt to earnings ratio.
This might be the only real benefit of the lease but it comes at an awefully high cost. If this is one of your main issues there are funding choices for a purchase (PACE and HERO) that likewise don’t hit your personal credit or influence your debt to income ratio. And those programs enable virtually any property owner to go solar no matter their credit score.
Now for the 6 primary disadvantages to a solar lease in Garden Grove CA 92641 or PPA.
1. A lease is a 20 year liability. It is not a possession or an investment in solar. The solar leasing companies are purchasing solar on your roofing! You’re just providing them a guaranteed 20 year cash flow!
2. Now you have two energy expenses not just one! In essence the renting business ends up being a second utility. So, sign a solar lease and now you have two energy business you have to pay monthly.
3. Many leases or PPAs lug a yearly cost escalator, usually 2.9 %. So while you might be conserving money today in a numerous years you will not be.
4. You will not have the ability to assert the 30 % federal tax credit and any applicable cash discounts. You also won’t be able to claim any tax deductible interest on solar loan payments (HELOC or PACE).
5. You never get to totally free power with a lease or PPA. On the other hand, if you purchase a solar system once the solar loan is settled you can delight in totally free electricity from the sun for 10– 15 years depending on the length of the solar loan.
[google-map location=”Garden Grove CA”]
6. Selling your home with a solar lease or PPA can be problematic. Solar leases require the brand-new owner to presume the lease and terms. If you check out any of the above you can probably see why an enlightened customer would not want assuming the responsibilities of your lease. This is particularly real if the lease is 7 or more years of ages and the annual cost escalator in the lease has actually now raised the expense of electrical energy to equal or more than the expense of electricity from the utility.