Prior to you sign your name to a solar panel lease on your house in Fullerton CA 92833 you have to understand exactly what you are actually getting into. If you’re in business of selling solar leases perhaps you should try Googling this, “benefits of solar lease” Read all the page one results and see what your consumer’s are reading if they do even a percentage of homework. You also may try Googling, “selling home with solar lease” and “solar lease vs. purchase”. Read exactly what your consumer’s will check out when they do 30 minutes of study online prior to dedicating to a 20 year contract. Perhaps you’ll now comprehend why you get a lot of cancellations and why if you don’t close the deal on the very first consultation you’ve got nearly no opportunity of closing it later on. Why not change your method do exactly what’s right for the customer and get on board with a business that offers industry leading value (rate + quality + service).
The Solar Lease in Fullerton CA 92833 or PPA Sales Pitch normally includes 6 main points. We talked about each below.
1. Go Solar and Pay Nothing! Or no money out of pocket.
Signing a 20 year agreement in which you guarantee to pay X hundred dollars per month is hardly paying nothing. If you build up all those month-to-month payments during the term of the contract you’ll be paying 2 to 3 times exactly what you would have paid acquiring the solar system even if you consider the interest paid on the solar loan. Many no money down solar loans are offered. If you have the credit report to qualify for the lease you can use the bank’s cash to fund your solar system with no cash down.
[ssvideo keyword=”Solar Companies” title=”Solar Companies in Fullerton”]
2. No fears. The leasing/PPA business in Fullerton CA 92833 is liable for all repair and maintenance on the system.
The leasing company will not clean your solar panels which has to do with only upkeep used on a solar system. Solar systems are incredibly low maintenance without any moving parts and come with extremely long producer’s service warranties and performance guarantees. 25 years with a microinverter based system, that’s longer than the leasing companies’ assurance. The majority of tier 1 solar devices makers are larger and more solvent than the solar leasing business by numerous multiples. Those long service warranties are supported by a 20 year bumper to bumper service warranty from Solar Symphony.
3. Insurance– go solar with a lease and the leasing company guarantees the system.
Purchase a system and the solar system is covered under your homeowner’s policy for a simply a couple dollars per month.
4. Tracking– the renting company monitors your system for the life of the lease/PPA.
When you purchase a system you also get monitoring for the life of the system, making use of the very same tracking equipment made use of by the renting company.
5. Just sign an agreement and the renting business does everything else.
When purchasing a system you likewise simply sign a contract and the solar service providers does everything else. Difference is the leasing business agreement is 17 pages (small print) and the solar contractor’s agreement is 2 pages.
6. A lease doesn’t hit your individual credit. Does not impact your financial obligation to earnings ratio.
This may be the only real benefit of the lease however it comes at an awefully high cost. If this is among your major issues there are financing options for a purchase (PACE and HERO) that likewise do not strike your personal credit or impact your debt to income ratio. And those programs enable practically any property owner to go solar no matter their credit rating.
Now for the 6 main drawbacks to a solar lease in Fullerton CA 92833 or PPA.
1. A lease is a 20 year liability. It is not a possession or a financial investment in solar. The solar leasing companies are investing in solar on your roof! You’re just offering them a guaranteed 20 year cash flow!
2. Now you have 2 utility bills not just one! In essence the renting company becomes a second energy. So, sign a solar lease and now you have two utility companies you have to pay monthly.
3. Many leases or PPAs carry an annual expense escalator, generally 2.9 %. So while you may be saving money today in a several years you won’t be.
4. You won’t be able to declare the 30 % federal tax credit and any relevant cash refunds. You likewise will not have the ability to assert any tax deductible interest on solar loan payments (HELOC or PACE).
5. You never ever get to totally free power with a lease or PPA. In contrast, if you buy a solar system once the solar loan is paid off you can take pleasure in totally free electricity from the sun for 10– 15 years depending upon the length of the solar loan.
[google-map location=”Fullerton CA”]
6. Offering your home with a solar lease or PPA can be troublesome. Solar leases use the new owner to assume the lease and terms. If you read any of the above you can most likely see why an educated customer would not be interested in assuming the commitments of your lease. This is particularly real if the lease is 7 or more years of ages and the annual cost escalator in the lease has now raised the expense of electrical energy to equivalent or more than the cost of electricity from the energy.