Before you sign your name to a solar panel lease on your house in Escondido CA 92033 you need to understand what you are truly getting into. If you’re in business of selling solar leases possibly you need to attempt Googling this, “benefits of solar lease” Read all of the page one results and see what your client’s are checking out if they do even a small amount of research. You likewise may attempt Googling, “selling home with solar lease” and “solar lease vs. purchase”. Read what your client’s will read when they do 30 minutes of study online before committing to a 20 year agreement. Perhaps you’ll now comprehend why you get so many cancellations and why if you don’t close the deal on the very first consultation you’ve got almost no possibility of closing it later. Why not alter your approach do exactly what’s right for the customer and get on board with a business that supplies market leading value (cost + quality + service).
The Solar Lease in Escondido CA 92033 or PPA Sales Pitch generally consists of six main points. We went over each below.
1. Go Solar and Pay Nothing! Or no money out of pocket.
Signing a 20 year agreement where you promise to pay X hundred dollars per month is hardly paying absolutely nothing. If you add up all those month-to-month payments throughout the regard to the agreement you’ll be paying 2 to 3 times what you would have paid purchasing the solar system even if you consider the interest paid on the solar loan. Many absolutely no money down solar loans are available. If you have the credit history to get the lease you can utilize the bank’s cash to finance your solar system with no money down.
[ssvideo keyword=”Solar Contractors” title=”Solar Companies in Escondido”]
2. No fears. The leasing/PPA company in Escondido CA 92033 is responsible for all repair and maintenance on the system.
The renting company will certainly not clean your photovoltaic panels which has to do with only maintenance used on a solar system. Solar systems are exceptionally low maintenance with no moving parts and feature extremely long manufacturer’s service warranties and efficiency guarantees. 25 years with a microinverter based system, that’s longer than the leasing business’ assurance. A lot of tier 1 solar equipment producers are larger and more solvent than the solar leasing business by lots of multiples. Those long service warranties are backed up by a 20 year bumper to bumper warranty from Solar Symphony.
3. Insurance coverage– go solar with a lease and the renting business guarantees the system.
Purchase a system and the solar system is covered under your property owner’s policy for a just a couple dollars per month.
4. Monitoring– the leasing company monitors your system for the life of the lease/PPA.
When you purchase a system you also get keeping an eye on for the life of the system, making use of the exact same monitoring equipment used by the leasing company.
5. Simply sign a contract and the leasing company does everything else.
When purchasing a system you likewise just sign a contract and the solar professionals does everything else. Difference is the leasing companies contract is 17 pages (fine print) and the solar service provider’s agreement is 2 pages.
6. A lease doesn’t hit your individual credit. Does not impact your debt to income ratio.
This might be the only true benefit of the lease however it comes at an awefully high cost. If this is one of your main issues there are financing options for a purchase (PACE and HERO) that also don’t strike your personal credit or affect your financial obligation to earnings ratio. And those programs allow almost any homeowner to go solar regardless of their credit score.
Now for the 6 primary disadvantages to a solar lease in Escondido CA 92033 or PPA.
1. A lease is a 20 year liability. It is not an asset or an investment in solar. The solar leasing business are purchasing solar on your roof! You’re simply supplying them a guaranteed 20 year capital!
2. Now you have 2 energy costs not just one! In essence the leasing business ends up being a 2nd utility. So, sign a solar lease and now you have two energy business you have to pay monthly.
3. Most leases or PPAs carry an annual expense escalator, typically 2.9 %. So while you may be conserving money today in a several years you won’t be.
4. You won’t be able to claim the 30 % federal tax credit and any appropriate cash discounts. You also will not be able to assert any tax deductible interest on solar loan payments (HELOC or PACE).
5. You never get to complimentary power with a lease or PPA. On the other hand, if you purchase a solar system once the solar loan is paid off you can enjoy complimentary electrical energy from the sun for 10– 15 years depending on the length of the solar loan.
[google-map location=”Escondido CA”]
6. Offering your home with a solar lease or PPA can be troublesome. Solar leases require the brand-new owner to assume the lease and terms. If you read any of the above you can probably see why an educated consumer would not want assuming the responsibilities of your lease. This is particularly true if the lease is 7 or more years old and the yearly expense escalator in the lease has actually now raised the expense of electrical energy to equal or more than the cost of electrical power from the utility.