Prior to you sign your name to a solar panel lease on your house in Encinitas CA 92024 you have to comprehend exactly what you are really getting into. If you’re in business of selling solar leases maybe you ought to attempt Googling this, “benefits of solar lease” Read all of the page one results and see exactly what your client’s are checking out if they do even a small amount of homework. You also might attempt Googling, “selling home with solar lease” and “solar lease vs. buy”. Read what your customer’s will read when they do 30 minutes of study online prior to committing to a 20 year agreement. Possibly you’ll now comprehend why you get a lot of cancellations and why if you don’t seal the deal on the first visit you’ve got virtually no opportunity of closing it later. Why not alter your technique do what’s right for the consumer and get on board with a business that provides industry leading value (price + quality + service).
The Solar Lease in Encinitas CA 92024 or PPA Sales Pitch generally consists of 6 main points. We went over each below.
1. Go Solar and Pay Nothing! Or no money out of pocket.
Signing a 20 year contract where you guarantee to pay X hundred dollars per month is barely paying nothing. If you accumulate all those monthly payments throughout the regard to the agreement you’ll be paying 2 to 3 times what you would have paid purchasing the solar system even if you factor in the interest paid on the solar loan. Lots of absolutely no cash down solar loans are readily available. If you have the credit history to get the lease you can make use of the bank’s cash to finance your solar system with absolutely no money down.
[ssvideo keyword=”Solar Contractors” title=”Solar Companies in Encinitas”]
2. No fears. The leasing/PPA business in Encinitas CA 92024 is accountable for all maintenance and repairs on the system.
The renting company will not clean your solar panels which is about just maintenance needed on a solar system. Solar systems are very low maintenance with no moving parts and feature extremely long manufacturer’s service warranties and efficiency assurances. 25 years with a microinverter based system, that’s longer than the leasing companies’ warranty. Most tier 1 solar devices manufacturers are larger and more solvent than the solar leasing company by numerous multiples. Those long guarantees are backed up by a 20 year bumper to bumper service warranty from Solar Symphony.
3. Insurance– go solar with a lease and the leasing company insures the system.
Purchase a system and the solar system is covered under your homeowner’s policy for a simply a couple dollars per month.
4. Tracking– the renting company monitors your system for the life of the lease/PPA.
When you buy a system you also get keeping an eye on for the life of the system, utilizing the very same tracking devices used by the leasing company.
5. Just sign an agreement and the leasing business does everything else.
When purchasing a system you also just sign a contract and the solar service providers does everything else. Distinction is the leasing companies agreement is 17 pages (fine print) and the solar service provider’s agreement is 2 pages.
6. A lease doesn’t hit your individual credit. Doesn’t affect your financial obligation to earnings ratio.
This might be the only true advantage of the lease but it comes at an awefully high price. If this is among your major issues there are financing options for a purchase (PACE and HERO) that likewise don’t strike your individual credit or affect your financial obligation to income ratio. And those programs allow practically any property owner to go solar regardless of their credit score.
Now for the six major drawbacks to a solar lease in Encinitas CA 92024 or PPA.
1. A lease is a 20 year liability. It is not a possession or an investment in solar. The solar leasing business are buying solar on your roofing system! You’re just offering them a guaranteed 20 year cash flow!
2. Now you have 2 utility bills not simply one! In essence the leasing business ends up being a 2nd utility. So, sign a solar lease and now you have two energy companies you have to pay monthly.
3. A lot of leases or PPAs carry an annual cost escalator, normally 2.9 %. So while you might be saving cash today in a numerous years you won’t be.
4. You will not be able to assert the 30 % federal tax credit and any suitable money discounts. You also won’t be able to claim any tax deductible interest on solar loan payments (HELOC or PACE).
5. You never get to totally free power with a lease or PPA. On the other hand, if you acquire a solar system once the solar loan is settled you can enjoy complimentary electrical energy from the sun for 10– 15 years depending on the length of the solar loan.
[google-map location=”Encinitas CA”]
6. Offering your home with a solar lease or PPA can be problematic. Solar leases need the brand-new owner to assume the lease and terms. If you check out any of the above you can most likely see why an educated consumer would not want presuming the obligations of your lease. This is especially true if the lease is 7 or more years old and the annual expense escalator in the lease has actually now raised the cost of electrical power to equal or more than the cost of electrical energy from the energy.