Prior to you sign your name to a solar panel lease on your house in Encinitas CA 92023 you need to comprehend what you are actually getting into. If you’re in business of offering solar leases maybe you should attempt Googling this, “benefits of solar lease” Read all of the page one results and see what your client’s are checking out if they do even a percentage of research. You also may attempt Googling, “selling home with solar lease” and “solar lease vs. purchase”. Read exactly what your client’s will read when they do 30 minutes of study online before committing to a 20 year contract. Maybe you’ll now comprehend why you get many cancellations and why if you do not close the deal on the first visit you’ve got virtually no possibility of closing it later. Why not alter your method do what’s right for the client and get on board with a business that provides market leading value (rate + quality + service).
The Solar Lease in Encinitas CA 92023 or PPA Sales Pitch typically consists of six bottom lines. We talked about each below.
1. Go Solar and Pay Nothing! Or no cash out of pocket.
Signing a 20 year agreement in which you guarantee to pay X hundred dollars per month is hardly paying nothing. If you build up all those monthly payments during the term of the contract you’ll be paying 2 to 3 times what you would have paid acquiring the solar system even if you factor in the interest paid on the solar loan. Numerous zero money down solar loans are readily available. If you have the credit score to get the lease you can utilize the bank’s money to finance your solar system with no cash down.
[ssvideo keyword=”Solar Companies” title=”Solar Contractors in Encinitas”]
2. No worries. The leasing/PPA company in Encinitas CA 92023 is responsible for all maintenance and repairs on the system.
The renting company will not clean your photovoltaic panels which has to do with only maintenance used on a solar system. Solar systems are incredibly low upkeep with no moving parts and have incredibly long producer’s warranties and efficiency assurances. 25 years with a microinverter based system, that’s longer than the leasing companies’ assurance. Most tier 1 solar equipment manufacturers are bigger and more financially stable than the solar leasing business by lots of multiples. Those long warranties are supported by a 20 year bumper to bumper guarantee from Solar Symphony.
3. Insurance– go solar with a lease and the leasing business insures the system.
Purchase a system and the solar system is covered under your property owner’s policy for a simply a couple dollars per month.
4. Tracking– the leasing business monitors your system for the life of the lease/PPA.
When you acquire a system you likewise get keeping an eye on for the life of the system, making use of the very same monitoring equipment used by the renting business.
5. Simply sign a contract and the renting business does everything else.
When acquiring a system you also simply sign an agreement and the solar service providers does everything else. Difference is the leasing companies contract is 17 pages (small print) and the solar professional’s agreement is 2 pages.
6. A lease does not strike your individual credit. Doesn’t affect your financial obligation to income ratio.
This may be the only true benefit of the lease but it comes at an awefully high rate. If this is one of your primary concerns there are funding choices for a purchase (PACE and HERO) that also do not strike your personal credit or impact your financial obligation to earnings ratio. And those programs permit nearly any house owner to go solar regardless of their credit score.
Now for the 6 main disadvantages to a solar lease in Encinitas CA 92023 or PPA.
1. A lease is a 20 year liability. It is not a possession or an investment in solar. The solar leasing business are purchasing solar on your roof! You’re just providing them a guaranteed 20 year capital!
2. Now you have two energy costs not simply one! In essence the leasing business becomes a second utility. So, sign a solar lease and now you have two energy companies you need to pay each month.
3. Many leases or PPAs carry an annual cost escalator, usually 2.9 %. So while you might be conserving cash today in a numerous years you won’t be.
4. You will not have the ability to claim the 30 % federal tax credit and any suitable cash discounts. You also won’t have the ability to claim any tax deductible interest on solar loan payments (HELOC or PACE).
5. You never ever get to totally free power with a lease or PPA. In contrast, if you acquire a solar system once the solar loan is paid off you can delight in free electricity from the sun for 10– 15 years depending upon the length of the solar loan.
[google-map location=”Encinitas CA”]
6. Offering your house with a solar lease or PPA can be bothersome. Solar leases use the new owner to presume the lease and terms. If you read any of the above you can probably see why an informed customer would not want assuming the responsibilities of your lease. This is particularly true if the lease is 7 or more years old and the yearly expense escalator in the lease has now raised the expense of electrical power to equal or more than the cost of electricity from the energy.