Prior to you sign your name to a solar panel lease on your house in Corona CA 91720 you need to understand what you are really getting into. If you’re in business of selling solar leases possibly you should attempt Googling this, “benefits of solar lease” Read all the page one results and see exactly what your client’s are checking out if they do even a small amount of homework. You likewise may attempt Googling, “selling home with solar lease” and “solar lease vs. purchase”. Read what your customer’s will read when they do 30 minutes of study online prior to committing to a 20 year agreement. Perhaps you’ll now understand why you get a lot of cancellations and why if you don’t seal the deal on the very first visit you’ve got practically no possibility of closing it later. Why not alter your approach do exactly what’s right for the client and get on board with a company that offers market leading value (price + quality + service).
The Solar Lease in Corona CA 91720 or PPA Sales Pitch typically consists of six main points. We talked about each below.
1. Go Solar and Pay Nothing! Or no money out of pocket.
Signing a 20 year agreement in which you promise to pay X hundred dollars per month is barely paying nothing. If you accumulate all of those monthly payments throughout the term of the agreement you’ll be paying 2 to 3 times exactly what you would have paid acquiring the solar system even if you factor in the interest paid on the solar loan. Many absolutely no cash down solar loans are offered. If you have the credit score to get the lease you can utilize the bank’s money to finance your solar system with absolutely no cash down.
[ssvideo keyword=”Solar Companies” title=”Solar Contractors in Corona”]
2. No fears. The leasing/PPA business in Corona CA 91720 is responsible for all maintenance and repairs on the system.
The renting business will not clean your solar panels which is about only maintenance used on a solar system. Solar systems are extremely low maintenance with no moving parts and feature extremely long maker’s service warranties and efficiency guarantees. 25 years with a microinverter based system, that’s longer than the leasing companies’ assurance. Most tier 1 solar equipment producers are bigger and more financially stable than the solar leasing company by many multiples. Those long guarantees are backed up by a 20 year bumper to bumper warranty from Solar Symphony.
3. Insurance– go solar with a lease and the renting business guarantees the system.
Purchase a system and the solar system is covered under your homeowner’s policy for a simply a couple dollars per month.
4. Tracking– the leasing company monitors your system for the life of the lease/PPA.
When you buy a system you also get keeping track of for the life of the system, making use of the same tracking equipment utilized by the leasing business.
5. Just sign an agreement and the leasing company does everything else.
When acquiring a system you also just sign a contract and the solar contractors does everything else. Difference is the leasing business contract is 17 pages (small print) and the solar professional’s agreement is 2 pages.
6. A lease doesn’t hit your individual credit. Does not affect your financial obligation to earnings ratio.
This might be the only real benefit of the lease but it comes at an awefully high rate. If this is among your primary issues there are funding alternatives for a purchase (PACE and HERO) that likewise do not hit your personal credit or impact your financial obligation to earnings ratio. And those programs enable virtually any homeowner to go solar regardless of their credit score.
Now for the 6 major disadvantages to a solar lease in Corona CA 91720 or PPA.
1. A lease is a 20 year liability. It is not a possession or a financial investment in solar. The solar leasing business are purchasing solar on your roof! You’re just offering them an ensured 20 year cash flow!
2. Now you have two energy expenses not just one! In essence the renting business becomes a second energy. So, sign a solar lease and now you have 2 utility companies you have to pay monthly.
3. A lot of leases or PPAs bring an annual expense escalator, generally 2.9 %. So while you might be conserving cash today in a several years you will not be.
4. You will not have the ability to declare the 30 % federal tax credit and any appropriate cash refunds. You also will not be able to declare any tax deductible interest on solar loan payments (HELOC or PACE).
5. You never get to totally free power with a lease or PPA. On the other hand, if you acquire a solar system once the solar loan is paid off you can take pleasure in complimentary electrical power from the sun for 10– 15 years depending on the length of the solar loan.
[google-map location=”Corona CA”]
6. Selling your home with a solar lease or PPA can be bothersome. Solar leases require the brand-new owner to presume the lease and terms. If you read any of the above you can probably see why an educated consumer would not want assuming the commitments of your lease. This is particularly real if the lease is 7 or more years old and the yearly expense escalator in the lease has now raised the expense of electricity to equal or more than the expense of electricity from the utility.