Before you sign your name to a solar panel lease on your home in Chula Vista CA 91915 you have to comprehend exactly what you are actually getting into. If you’re in business of offering solar leases maybe you need to attempt Googling this, “benefits of solar lease” Read all the page one results and see what your customer’s are checking out if they do even a percentage of research. You also may attempt Googling, “selling home with solar lease” and “solar lease vs. purchase”. Read exactly what your client’s will certainly read when they do 30 minutes of research online before dedicating to a 20 year agreement. Perhaps you’ll now understand why you get numerous cancellations and why if you don’t seal the deal on the first visit you’ve got nearly no chance of closing it later on. Why not alter your strategy do exactly what’s right for the client and get on board with a business that offers industry leading value (rate + quality + service).
The Solar Lease in Chula Vista CA 91915 or PPA Sales Pitch normally includes 6 main points. We talked about each below.
1. Go Solar and Pay Nothing! Or no cash out of pocket.
Signing a 20 year contract in which you promise to pay X hundred dollars per month is hardly paying absolutely nothing. If you add up all those regular monthly payments during the term of the contract you’ll be paying 2 to 3 times what you would have paid buying the solar system even if you factor in the interest paid on the solar loan. Lots of zero cash down solar loans are available. If you have the credit history to get approved for the lease you can use the bank’s cash to fund your solar system with no cash down.
[ssvideo keyword=”Solar Contractors” title=”Solar Companies in Chula Vista”]
2. No concerns. The leasing/PPA business in Chula Vista CA 91915 is liable for all repair and maintenance on the system.
The renting company will certainly not clean your solar panels which has to do with just upkeep needed on a solar system. Solar systems are incredibly low upkeep without any moving parts and come with very long maker’s warranties and efficiency guarantees. 25 years with a microinverter based system, that’s longer than the leasing business’ assurance. A lot of tier 1 solar devices makers are larger and more solvent than the solar leasing company by lots of multiples. Those long guarantees are supported by a 20 year bumper to bumper guarantee from Solar Symphony.
3. Insurance– go solar with a lease and the leasing business guarantees the system.
Purchase a system and the solar system is covered under your house owner’s policy for a just a couple dollars per month.
4. Monitoring– the renting business monitors your system for the life of the lease/PPA.
When you purchase a system you also get keeping track of for the life of the system, using the very same monitoring devices made use of by the renting business.
5. Simply sign an agreement and the renting company does everything else.
When acquiring a system you also just sign a contract and the solar contractors does everything else. Distinction is the leasing business contract is 17 pages (fine print) and the solar contractor’s agreement is 2 pages.
6. A lease doesn’t strike your individual credit. Doesn’t affect your financial obligation to income ratio.
This may be the only true benefit of the lease but it comes at an awefully high cost. If this is one of your major concerns there are funding alternatives for a purchase (PACE and HERO) that likewise don’t strike your personal credit or affect your debt to income ratio. And those programs permit almost any property owner to go solar regardless of their credit score.
Now for the 6 primary downsides to a solar lease in Chula Vista CA 91915 or PPA.
1. A lease is a 20 year liability. It is not a possession or an investment in solar. The solar leasing companies are investing in solar on your roofing system! You’re simply providing them a guaranteed 20 year cash flow!
2. Now you have 2 utility costs not just one! In essence the renting company becomes a second utility. So, sign a solar lease and now you have two utility companies you have to pay each month.
3. A lot of leases or PPAs carry an annual cost escalator, generally 2.9 %. So while you might be conserving money today in a several years you won’t be.
4. You will not have the ability to declare the 30 % federal tax credit and any suitable cash refunds. You likewise will not be able to declare any tax deductible interest on solar loan payments (HELOC or PACE).
5. You never get to totally free power with a lease or PPA. On the other hand, if you acquire a solar system once the solar loan is settled you can get free electricity from the sun for 10– 15 years depending upon the length of the solar loan.
[google-map location=”Chula Vista CA”]
6. Offering your home with a solar lease or PPA can be problematic. Solar leases require the new owner to presume the lease and terms. If you read any of the above you can probably see why an educated customer would not have an interest in presuming the responsibilities of your lease. This is especially true if the lease is 7 or more years of ages and the yearly cost escalator in the lease has now raised the expense of electricity to equal or more than the expense of electrical energy from the energy.