Prior to you sign your name to a solar panel lease on your house in Chula Vista CA 91912 you have to comprehend what you are actually getting into. If you’re in business of offering solar leases perhaps you ought to try Googling this, “benefits of solar lease” Read all of the page one results and see exactly what your client’s are reading if they do even a percentage of homework. You likewise may try Googling, “selling home with solar lease” and “solar lease vs. buy”. Read what your client’s will certainly check out when they do 30 minutes of research online prior to committing to a 20 year contract. Possibly you’ll now understand why you get so many cancellations and why if you don’t close the deal on the very first visit you’ve got virtually no possibility of closing it later on. Why not change your strategy do what’s right for the client and get on board with a company that provides market leading value (rate + quality + service).
The Solar Lease in Chula Vista CA 91912 or PPA Sales Pitch normally includes 6 main points. We went over each below.
1. Go Solar and Pay Nothing! Or no money out of pocket.
Signing a 20 year agreement where you promise to pay X hundred dollars per month is hardly paying absolutely nothing. If you accumulate all those regular monthly payments throughout the regard to the contract you’ll be paying 2 to 3 times exactly what you would have paid buying the solar system even if you factor in the interest paid on the solar loan. Lots of absolutely no cash down solar loans are readily available. If you have the credit score to get the lease you can use the bank’s money to fund your solar system with no money down.
[ssvideo keyword=”Solar Contractors” title=”Solar Companies in Chula Vista”]
2. No worries. The leasing/PPA company in Chula Vista CA 91912 is accountable for all repair and maintenance on the system.
The renting company will certainly not clean your photovoltaic panels which has to do with just upkeep required on a solar system. Solar systems are very low upkeep with no moving parts and feature very long maker’s guarantees and performance guarantees. 25 years with a microinverter based system, that’s longer than the leasing business’ guarantee. Many tier 1 solar equipment makers are larger and more financially stable than the solar leasing company by many multiples. Those long service warranties are supported by a 20 year bumper to bumper warranty from Solar Symphony.
3. Insurance– go solar with a lease and the leasing business guarantees the system.
Purchase a system and the solar system is covered under your property owner’s policy for a simply a couple dollars per month.
4. Tracking– the renting company monitors your system for the life of the lease/PPA.
When you acquire a system you also get keeping an eye on for the life of the system, making use of the very same tracking devices used by the leasing business.
5. Simply sign an agreement and the leasing company does everything else.
When purchasing a system you also simply sign an agreement and the solar professionals does everything else. Difference is the leasing companies agreement is 17 pages (fine print) and the solar service provider’s contract is 2 pages.
6. A lease does not hit your individual credit. Doesn’t influence your debt to income ratio.
This might be the only true advantage of the lease however it comes at an awefully high cost. If this is one of your main concerns there are funding options for a purchase (PACE and HERO) that likewise do not hit your personal credit or affect your debt to income ratio. And those programs enable nearly any homeowner to go solar despite their credit score.
Now for the 6 major disadvantages to a solar lease in Chula Vista CA 91912 or PPA.
1. A lease is a 20 year liability. It is not an asset or an investment in solar. The solar leasing companies are investing in solar on your roof! You’re simply supplying them an ensured 20 year capital!
2. Now you have two utility expenses not just one! In essence the renting company ends up being a second utility. So, sign a solar lease and now you have 2 energy companies you have to pay each month.
3. Many leases or PPAs carry an annual cost escalator, generally 2.9 %. So while you may be saving cash today in a numerous years you will not be.
4. You won’t have the ability to declare the 30 % federal tax credit and any suitable cash refunds. You likewise won’t have the ability to assert any tax deductible interest on solar loan payments (HELOC or PACE).
5. You never get to complimentary power with a lease or PPA. On the other hand, if you acquire a solar system once the solar loan is paid off you can take pleasure in totally free electricity from the sun for 10– 15 years depending on the length of the solar loan.
[google-map location=”Chula Vista CA”]
6. Offering your home with a solar lease or PPA can be bothersome. Solar leases use the new owner to presume the lease and terms. If you check out any of the above you can probably see why an informed customer would not want assuming the obligations of your lease. This is specifically true if the lease is 7 or more years of ages and the yearly expense escalator in the lease has actually now raised the cost of electrical power to equal or more than the cost of electrical energy from the utility.