Before you sign your name to a solar panel lease on your house in Chula Vista CA 91911 you need to comprehend exactly what you are really getting into. If you’re in business of offering solar leases possibly you ought to try Googling this, “benefits of solar lease” Read all the page one results and see exactly what your customer’s are reading if they do even a small amount of homework. You likewise might try Googling, “selling home with solar lease” and “solar lease vs. buy”. Read exactly what your client’s will read when they do 30 minutes of study online before committing to a 20 year agreement. Perhaps you’ll now understand why you get numerous cancellations and why if you don’t seal the deal on the first appointment you’ve got virtually no possibility of closing it later on. Why not alter your approach do what’s right for the consumer and get on board with a business that offers industry leading value (rate + quality + service).
The Solar Lease in Chula Vista CA 91911 or PPA Sales Pitch typically includes 6 bottom lines. We talked about each below.
1. Go Solar and Pay Nothing! Or no cash out of pocket.
Signing a 20 year contract where you promise to pay X hundred dollars per month is hardly paying nothing. If you build up all of those monthly payments during the regard to the agreement you’ll be paying 2 to 3 times what you would have paid purchasing the solar system even if you consider the interest paid on the solar loan. Numerous zero cash down solar loans are readily available. If you have the credit score to get approved for the lease you can utilize the bank’s cash to finance your solar system with zero cash down.
[ssvideo keyword=”Solar Companies” title=”Solar Companies in Chula Vista”]
2. No fears. The leasing/PPA company in Chula Vista CA 91911 is responsible for all repair and maintenance on the system.
The renting company will certainly not clean your photovoltaic panels which is about only maintenance used on a solar system. Solar systems are exceptionally low upkeep without any moving parts and feature exceptionally long maker’s warranties and efficiency assurances. 25 years with a microinverter based system, that’s longer than the leasing companies’ guarantee. Most tier 1 solar devices makers are larger and more financially stable than the solar leasing company by lots of multiples. Those long guarantees are supported by a 20 year bumper to bumper service warranty from Solar Symphony.
3. Insurance– go solar with a lease and the renting company insures the system.
Purchase a system and the solar system is covered under your house owner’s policy for a simply a couple dollars per month.
4. Monitoring– the renting business monitors your system for the life of the lease/PPA.
When you buy a system you likewise get keeping track of for the life of the system, utilizing the same tracking devices used by the leasing business.
5. Just sign an agreement and the leasing business does everything else.
When buying a system you likewise simply sign an agreement and the solar specialists does everything else. Distinction is the leasing companies contract is 17 pages (small print) and the solar contractor’s contract is 2 pages.
6. A lease doesn’t hit your personal credit. Does not influence your debt to earnings ratio.
This may be the only true advantage of the lease but it comes at an awefully high price. If this is one of your major issues there are funding alternatives for a purchase (PACE and HERO) that likewise do not hit your individual credit or influence your debt to income ratio. And those programs permit almost any homeowner to go solar regardless of their credit rating.
Now for the six main disadvantages to a solar lease in Chula Vista CA 91911 or PPA.
1. A lease is a 20 year liability. It is not an asset or an investment in solar. The solar leasing companies are purchasing solar on your roof! You’re just offering them a guaranteed 20 year capital!
2. Now you have two utility bills not simply one! In essence the leasing company becomes a second energy. So, sign a solar lease and now you have 2 energy companies you need to pay each month.
3. Many leases or PPAs bring an annual expense escalator, typically 2.9 %. So while you may be conserving cash today in a numerous years you won’t be.
4. You will not have the ability to declare the 30 % federal tax credit and any applicable money rebates. You likewise will not have the ability to claim any tax deductible interest on solar loan payments (HELOC or PACE).
5. You never ever get to totally free power with a lease or PPA. On the other hand, if you purchase a solar system once the solar loan is paid off you can enjoy free electricity from the sun for 10– 15 years depending upon the length of the solar loan.
[google-map location=”Chula Vista CA”]
6. Offering your home with a solar lease or PPA can be problematic. Solar leases need the new owner to presume the lease and terms. If you read any of the above you can most likely see why an enlightened customer would not want presuming the obligations of your lease. This is particularly real if the lease is 7 or more years old and the annual expense escalator in the lease has now raised the cost of electrical energy to equivalent or more than the cost of electrical power from the utility.