Before you sign your name to a solar panel lease on your house in Carlsbad CA 92009 you have to comprehend exactly what you are actually getting into. If you’re in business of selling solar leases possibly you must attempt Googling this, “benefits of solar lease” Read all the page one results and see exactly what your consumer’s are reading if they do even a percentage of research. You also might attempt Googling, “selling home with solar lease” and “solar lease vs. purchase”. Read what your consumer’s will certainly check out when they do 30 minutes of study online prior to dedicating to a 20 year contract. Possibly you’ll now understand why you get many cancellations and why if you do not seal the deal on the very first appointment you’ve got almost no possibility of closing it later on. Why not alter your strategy do exactly what’s right for the consumer and get on board with a company that provides industry leading value (cost + quality + service).
The Solar Lease in Carlsbad CA 92009 or PPA Sales Pitch typically consists of six bottom lines. We discussed each below.
1. Go Solar and Pay Nothing! Or no cash out of pocket.
Signing a 20 year agreement in which you guarantee to pay X hundred dollars per month is barely paying absolutely nothing. If you build up all of those month-to-month payments during the term of the contract you’ll be paying 2 to 3 times exactly what you would have paid buying the solar system even if you consider the interest paid on the solar loan. Many no cash down solar loans are available. If you have the credit history to qualify for the lease you can make use of the bank’s money to fund your solar system with no cash down.
[ssvideo keyword=”Solar Companies” title=”Solar Contractors in Carlsbad”]
2. No worries. The leasing/PPA company in Carlsbad CA 92009 is responsible for all maintenance and repairs on the system.
The leasing business will not clean your solar panels which has to do with just upkeep needed on a solar system. Solar systems are extremely low maintenance with no moving parts and have incredibly long maker’s warranties and performance guarantees. 25 years with a microinverter based system, that’s longer than the leasing companies’ assurance. Many tier 1 solar devices producers are bigger and more financially stable than the solar leasing business by lots of multiples. Those long warranties are supported by a 20 year bumper to bumper service warranty from Solar Symphony.
3. Insurance– go solar with a lease and the renting company guarantees the system.
Purchase a system and the solar system is covered under your homeowner’s policy for a just a couple dollars per month.
4. Monitoring– the leasing company monitors your system for the life of the lease/PPA.
When you acquire a system you likewise get keeping track of for the life of the system, utilizing the very same tracking equipment utilized by the renting company.
5. Just sign a contract and the leasing company does everything else.
When purchasing a system you also just sign a contract and the solar service providers does everything else. Difference is the leasing business contract is 17 pages (small print) and the solar contractor’s agreement is 2 pages.
6. A lease doesn’t strike your individual credit. Does not impact your debt to earnings ratio.
This might be the only real advantage of the lease but it comes at an awefully high cost. If this is one of your major issues there are financing options for a purchase (PACE and HERO) that likewise don’t strike your personal credit or impact your debt to earnings ratio. And those programs enable almost any homeowner to go solar despite their credit score.
Now for the 6 major drawbacks to a solar lease in Carlsbad CA 92009 or PPA.
1. A lease is a 20 year liability. It is not an asset or an investment in solar. The solar leasing companies are purchasing solar on your roof! You’re just offering them a guaranteed 20 year cash flow!
2. Now you have 2 utility costs not simply one! In essence the renting company ends up being a 2nd energy. So, sign a solar lease and now you have two utility business you have to pay monthly.
3. Many leases or PPAs carry a yearly cost escalator, typically 2.9 %. So while you may be saving money today in a several years you won’t be.
4. You won’t be able to assert the 30 % federal tax credit and any relevant money discounts. You also won’t be able to declare any tax deductible interest on solar loan payments (HELOC or PACE).
5. You never get to complimentary power with a lease or PPA. On the other hand, if you purchase a solar system once the solar loan is paid off you can take pleasure in complimentary electrical energy from the sun for 10– 15 years depending on the length of the solar loan.
[google-map location=”Carlsbad CA”]
6. Offering your house with a solar lease or PPA can be bothersome. Solar leases use the brand-new owner to presume the lease and terms. If you check out any of the above you can probably see why an educated customer would not want assuming the commitments of your lease. This is specifically real if the lease is 7 or more years of ages and the yearly cost escalator in the lease has now raised the cost of electrical power to equivalent or more than the cost of electricity from the energy.