Prior to you sign your name to a solar panel lease on your home in Camp Pendleton CA 92055 you have to understand exactly what you are truly getting into. If you’re in business of selling solar leases maybe you should attempt Googling this, “benefits of solar lease” Read all the page one results and see what your consumer’s are reading if they do even a small amount of homework. You likewise might try Googling, “selling home with solar lease” and “solar lease vs. buy”. Read what your client’s will certainly check out when they do 30 minutes of research online before dedicating to a 20 year contract. Maybe you’ll now comprehend why you get many cancellations and why if you don’t seal the deal on the first appointment you’ve got almost no chance of closing it later. Why not alter your technique do exactly what’s right for the consumer and get on board with a company that offers industry leading value (price + quality + service).
The Solar Lease in Camp Pendleton CA 92055 or PPA Sales Pitch typically includes six bottom lines. We discussed each below.
1. Go Solar and Pay Nothing! Or no cash out of pocket.
Signing a 20 year contract where you assure to pay X hundred dollars per month is barely paying nothing. If you build up all of those month-to-month payments during the term of the contract you’ll be paying 2 to 3 times exactly what you would have paid acquiring the solar system even if you factor in the interest paid on the solar loan. Many absolutely no cash down solar loans are readily available. If you have the credit history to get the lease you can use the bank’s cash to finance your solar system with zero money down.
[ssvideo keyword=”Solar Contractors” title=”Solar Contractors in Camp Pendleton”]
2. No concerns. The leasing/PPA company in Camp Pendleton CA 92055 is responsible for all repair and maintenance on the system.
The renting business will not clean your photovoltaic panels which is about only maintenance required on a solar system. Solar systems are very low upkeep with no moving parts and include very long maker’s guarantees and efficiency assurances. 25 years with a microinverter based system, that’s longer than the leasing companies’ guarantee. Most tier 1 solar devices makers are bigger and more solvent than the solar leasing business by many multiples. Those long warranties are backed up by a 20 year bumper to bumper warranty from Solar Symphony.
3. Insurance– go solar with a lease and the leasing business insures the system.
Purchase a system and the solar system is covered under your homeowner’s policy for a just a couple dollars per month.
4. Monitoring– the leasing company monitors your system for the life of the lease/PPA.
When you buy a system you also get monitoring for the life of the system, making use of the exact same tracking equipment utilized by the renting company.
5. Simply sign a contract and the leasing business does everything else.
When acquiring a system you also simply sign a contract and the solar professionals does everything else. Difference is the leasing companies contract is 17 pages (small print) and the solar specialist’s agreement is 2 pages.
6. A lease does not strike your personal credit. Doesn’t influence your financial obligation to income ratio.
This might be the only real advantage of the lease however it comes at an awefully high rate. If this is one of your main concerns there are financing choices for a purchase (PACE and HERO) that also do not strike your personal credit or affect your debt to income ratio. And those programs enable virtually any property owner to go solar despite their credit rating.
Now for the 6 main disadvantages to a solar lease in Camp Pendleton CA 92055 or PPA.
1. A lease is a 20 year liability. It is not a possession or an investment in solar. The solar leasing companies are investing in solar on your roofing system! You’re simply providing them a guaranteed 20 year cash flow!
2. Now you have two energy costs not just one! In essence the renting company becomes a 2nd energy. So, sign a solar lease and now you have 2 utility companies you have to pay each month.
3. The majority of leases or PPAs bring an annual expense escalator, generally 2.9 %. So while you might be saving cash today in a several years you will not be.
4. You will not have the ability to assert the 30 % federal tax credit and any suitable money refunds. You likewise will not have the ability to claim any tax deductible interest on solar loan payments (HELOC or PACE).
5. You never get to totally free power with a lease or PPA. On the other hand, if you purchase a solar system once the solar loan is settled you can enjoy free electricity from the sun for 10– 15 years depending on the length of the solar loan.
[google-map location=”Camp Pendleton CA”]
6. Offering your home with a solar lease or PPA can be problematic. Solar leases require the brand-new owner to presume the lease and terms. If you read any of the above you can probably see why an informed customer would not have an interest in presuming the responsibilities of your lease. This is particularly real if the lease is 7 or more years old and the yearly cost escalator in the lease has now raised the cost of electrical energy to equivalent or more than the cost of electrical power from the utility.