Before you sign your name to a solar panel lease on your home in Bonita CA 91902 you need to understand exactly what you are actually getting into. If you’re in the business of selling solar leases possibly you ought to try Googling this, “benefits of solar lease” Read all the page one results and see exactly what your client’s are reading if they do even a small amount of homework. You also might attempt Googling, “selling home with solar lease” and “solar lease vs. purchase”. Read exactly what your customer’s will certainly check out when they do 30 minutes of research online before committing to a 20 year contract. Perhaps you’ll now comprehend why you get many cancellations and why if you don’t seal the deal on the first visit you’ve got practically no possibility of closing it later. Why not change your method do what’s right for the consumer and get on board with a business that offers market leading value (rate + quality + service).
The Solar Lease in Bonita CA 91902 or PPA Sales Pitch generally includes 6 main points. We talked about each below.
1. Go Solar and Pay Nothing! Or no money out of pocket.
Signing a 20 year contract in which you assure to pay X hundred dollars per month is hardly paying absolutely nothing. If you add up all of those monthly payments throughout the term of the contract you’ll be paying 2 to 3 times what you would have paid purchasing the solar system even if you factor in the interest paid on the solar loan. Many no cash down solar loans are readily available. If you have the credit report to get approved for the lease you can use the bank’s money to finance your solar system with no money down.
[ssvideo keyword=”Solar Contractors” title=”Solar Companies in Bonita”]
2. No concerns. The leasing/PPA company in Bonita CA 91902 is liable for all maintenance and repairs on the system.
The renting company will certainly not clean your solar panels which has to do with only upkeep required on a solar system. Solar systems are extremely low upkeep with no moving parts and have incredibly long producer’s service warranties and efficiency warranties. 25 years with a microinverter based system, that’s longer than the leasing business’ warranty. Most tier 1 solar devices makers are bigger and more financially stable than the solar leasing company by many multiples. Those long guarantees are supported by a 20 year bumper to bumper warranty from Solar Symphony.
3. Insurance– go solar with a lease and the renting business insures the system.
Purchase a system and the solar system is covered under your house owner’s policy for a simply a couple dollars per month.
4. Tracking– the leasing company monitors your system for the life of the lease/PPA.
When you purchase a system you likewise get keeping track of for the life of the system, making use of the very same monitoring equipment made use of by the renting company.
5. Just sign an agreement and the renting company does everything else.
When acquiring a system you likewise simply sign a contract and the solar service providers does everything else. Difference is the leasing companies agreement is 17 pages (fine print) and the solar contractor’s contract is 2 pages.
6. A lease doesn’t hit your individual credit. Does not impact your financial obligation to income ratio.
This might be the only true advantage of the lease but it comes at an awefully high cost. If this is among your primary concerns there are funding choices for a purchase (PACE and HERO) that also do not strike your personal credit or affect your financial obligation to income ratio. And those programs enable virtually any house owner to go solar no matter their credit score.
Now for the 6 primary drawbacks to a solar lease in Bonita CA 91902 or PPA.
1. A lease is a 20 year liability. It is not a possession or an investment in solar. The solar leasing business are investing in solar on your roof! You’re just offering them a guaranteed 20 year cash flow!
2. Now you have 2 energy expenses not just one! In essence the renting business ends up being a 2nd energy. So, sign a solar lease and now you have two utility business you need to pay monthly.
3. A lot of leases or PPAs carry a yearly expense escalator, typically 2.9 %. So while you might be conserving cash today in a numerous years you won’t be.
4. You will not be able to claim the 30 % federal tax credit and any relevant cash rebates. You likewise will not have the ability to declare any tax deductible interest on solar loan payments (HELOC or PACE).
5. You never get to free power with a lease or PPA. In contrast, if you purchase a solar system once the solar loan is paid off you can take pleasure in free electrical energy from the sun for 10– 15 years depending on the length of the solar loan.
[google-map location=”Bonita CA”]
6. Selling your home with a solar lease or PPA can be problematic. Solar leases need the brand-new owner to presume the lease and terms. If you read any of the above you can most likely see why an educated consumer would not be interested in presuming the obligations of your lease. This is particularly real if the lease is 7 or more years old and the annual cost escalator in the lease has actually now raised the cost of electrical power to equal or more than the expense of electrical power from the energy.