Prior to you sign your name to a solar panel lease on your home in Alpine CA 91903 you have to understand what you are truly getting into. If you’re in business of selling solar leases perhaps you ought to attempt Googling this, “benefits of solar lease” Read all the page one results and see exactly what your consumer’s are checking out if they do even a percentage of research. You also may attempt Googling, “selling home with solar lease” and “solar lease vs. buy”. Read exactly what your consumer’s will certainly check out when they do 30 minutes of study online before committing to a 20 year contract. Perhaps you’ll now comprehend why you get so many cancellations and why if you do not seal the deal on the first consultation you’ve got almost no opportunity of closing it later on. Why not alter your method do what’s right for the consumer and get on board with a business that offers market leading value (price + quality + service).
The Solar Lease in Alpine CA 91903 or PPA Sales Pitch generally includes 6 main points. We talked about each below.
1. Go Solar and Pay Nothing! Or no cash out of pocket.
Signing a 20 year contract where you promise to pay X hundred dollars per month is barely paying absolutely nothing. If you accumulate all of those month-to-month payments throughout the term of the agreement you’ll be paying 2 to 3 times what you would have paid purchasing the solar system even if you factor in the interest paid on the solar loan. Many zero cash down solar loans are offered. If you have the credit score to get approved for the lease you can make use of the bank’s cash to finance your solar system with zero cash down.
[ssvideo keyword=”Solar Contractors” title=”Solar Contractors in Alpine”]
2. No concerns. The leasing/PPA business in Alpine CA 91903 is responsible for all repair and maintenance on the system.
The renting business will not clean your solar panels which is about just maintenance needed on a solar system. Solar systems are exceptionally low maintenance without any moving parts and have exceptionally long producer’s warranties and efficiency guarantees. 25 years with a microinverter based system, that’s longer than the leasing business’ warranty. The majority of tier 1 solar equipment makers are larger and more financially stable than the solar leasing business by lots of multiples. Those long guarantees are supported by a 20 year bumper to bumper service warranty from Solar Symphony.
3. Insurance– go solar with a lease and the leasing company guarantees the system.
Purchase a system and the solar system is covered under your property owner’s policy for a just a couple dollars per month.
4. Monitoring– the renting company monitors your system for the life of the lease/PPA.
When you purchase a system you also get monitoring for the life of the system, using the same monitoring equipment used by the leasing company.
5. Simply sign an agreement and the renting company does everything else.
When purchasing a system you likewise just sign a contract and the solar service providers does everything else. Distinction is the leasing business agreement is 17 pages (small print) and the solar professional’s contract is 2 pages.
6. A lease does not strike your individual credit. Does not affect your financial obligation to earnings ratio.
This might be the only true advantage of the lease however it comes at an awefully high price. If this is among your main concerns there are financing choices for a purchase (PACE and HERO) that also do not strike your individual credit or impact your debt to income ratio. And those programs allow nearly any property owner to go solar regardless of their credit score.
Now for the six major downsides to a solar lease in Alpine CA 91903 or PPA.
1. A lease is a 20 year liability. It is not a possession or a financial investment in solar. The solar leasing companies are buying solar on your roofing system! You’re just supplying them a guaranteed 20 year cash flow!
2. Now you have 2 utility expenses not just one! In essence the renting company becomes a 2nd energy. So, sign a solar lease and now you have 2 utility companies you need to pay each month.
3. A lot of leases or PPAs lug a yearly expense escalator, usually 2.9 %. So while you might be conserving cash today in a several years you will not be.
4. You will not be able to declare the 30 % federal tax credit and any suitable money refunds. You also won’t be able to assert any tax deductible interest on solar loan payments (HELOC or PACE).
5. You never get to totally free power with a lease or PPA. On the other hand, if you buy a solar system once the solar loan is settled you can get free electricity from the sun for 10– 15 years depending upon the length of the solar loan.
[google-map location=”Alpine CA”]
6. Offering your home with a solar lease or PPA can be problematic. Solar leases need the new owner to presume the lease and terms. If you read any of the above you can most likely see why an informed customer would not be interested in presuming the obligations of your lease. This is especially true if the lease is 7 or more years old and the annual cost escalator in the lease has actually now raised the expense of electricity to equal or more than the expense of electricity from the utility.